Reply To: Brandon Alston

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Brandon Alston Reply To: Brandon Alston

StablerBum
StablerBum
Participant

Yeah, I really don’t know what to think about this signing. Some signs point to the staff being very high on Alston, but it came out of nowhere.

First, I thought we were done with the 2014 class with Jenkins and Ross, so I was very surprised when we signed Alston. Not to mention his reclass from 2015 to 2014. I assume that means we were very interested, and offered him a spot next year when most teams were thinking of him as a 2015 prospect. That leads me to believe the staff is quite high on him. Then on top of all that, is the meandering high school career where he has bounced around non-stop.

I will say that I think one of the weaknesses of this year’s team is an ability to put the ball on the floor and get to the basket from the wing spot. I think D’Orazio would have helped quite a bit in that regard, but he’s out for the year. I have hopes that JRG and Alston (and maybe Jenkins if he plays off the ball) will help us in this area next year. Hopefully Austin Price improves in this area as well, since I think he has the skill set but not the confidence/strength/experience yet. Alston appears to be pretty quick and shifty and has good size for the wing. It would be nice if there were other guys capable of penetrating besides the PG’s like this year.