Reply To: 2015 Recruiting Targets

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2015 Recruiting Targets Reply To: 2015 Recruiting Targets

StablerBum
StablerBum
Participant

Sedore is definitely a bit of an enigma. He’s from upstate NY right on Lake Ontario in a school that I believe has less than 100 students in a grade. So he likely isn’t competing against top competition. He played AAU for the Syracuse Nets. Can’t find any video and he has no profiles with the scouting services (Scout, Rivals, ESPN). A few short write-ups I have found:

2014 GymRat Challenge: Caleb Sedore, 6-9 post, Syracuse Nets/Pulaski H.S.: Very long and agile; a true post. Great communicator in the middle. A presence on defense and covers a great deal of grand. Can catch and finish. Runs the floor hard and gives up his body. Rebounds because he works for position and meakes effort to box out. Good hands and footwork. Hearing from BU, Cornell, Binghamton, Columbia, Bucknell.

New York State Top 24 (Sep 2013): 2015 Pulaski (NY) power forward Caleb Sedore is bound to pickup a few scholarships in the Division One ranks very soon. A high-academic big man who must get stronger and play more physical, he has a lot of positive dimensions to his game. He runs the floor well, plays hard, boxes out, and can finish around the rim a bit. Cornell, Boston and Binghamton are entertaining him thus far, and the Big Red will host him for an unofficial visit on Monday.

Adam Finkelstein: Lehigh adds a commitment from Caleb Sedore this morning. Skilled 6’9 face-up big from upstate NY.

Assuming we did offer Caleb 6 months ago when it was first reported, that is a pretty good sign of interest and confidence from the staff. Not sure what took so long, as Bison137 points out it doesn’t appear Sedore had a lot of offers. The limited reports sound promising however, and if he is a legit and agile 6’9 – then we will finally a few true options at the 4/5. I’m hoping for a diamond in the rough that would have had a lot more attention had he come from a different area. Welcome Caleb!