Reply To: LIU Brooklyn

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball LIU Brooklyn Reply To: LIU Brooklyn

LU65
Participant

Quick Observations – others will certainly have more insightful comments to add, I’m sure.

JG: Coach Reed gave Goldie a start and he didn’t disappoint. Number 40 recorded his first career double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds today. When taken along with his performance in the last three (11 of 13 from the field, 5 of 6 from the free throw line and 19 boards), you would have to think –at least I do – that Goldie has won another trip to Center Circle when next we tip it off against Quinnipiac on Dec. 18th. If so, it would be his seventh starting assignment, having done it twice last year and 3 times as a freshman.

AP: After another dismal long range shooting performance from behind the line (1 for 6 today and a combined 3 for 15 in this last three), AP is beginning to worry me. Scoring wise, he’s been bailed out over the last two games by going 12 for 14 from the free throw line. I’m hoping to see more consistency in our second year shooting guard and someone who know when to give it up when things aren’t going his way.
KR: Had his breakout game of the year with 19 points (career high) and 5 assists. Textbook play if you ask me. Only wish he’d lay off the three (1 for 3 and now 3 for 14 or .214 on the year) and either drive thru traffic or find another perimeter shooter if a three is needed.

MS: Played a highly composes game (1 turnover in 24 minutes) and kicked in 10 points along the way. Proving to be a more than adequate backup PG to Kahron.

TK: MIA today going 2 for 6 in 18 minutes while picking up 5 PFs . That a three game slide of 6 for 16 shooting and 10 PFs. All this while bringing down just 15 boards. Maybe exams are on his mind. Or maybe it’s better technique.

SC: He connected on a couple of long range bombs in his 15 minutes. Defense proved adequate if not good. Glad to see the senior contribute. His 3-point shot expertise will no-doubt be called upon down the road.

JC: Went 1 for 4 and was nearly invisible. Best thing you can say is that he didn’t take a three-point shot after going 1 for 5 against St. Francis and having 3 “o-fers” to his credit in other match-ups this year.

Bottom line, we won this game after sleep-walking thru the first 10 minutes and hitting 28 of 32 form the line – all in the second half. Exciting at times, to be sure, but a team we should have handled with ease in my opinion.