Reply To: Early Look at PL Sagarin Ratings

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Early Look at PL Sagarin Ratings Reply To: Early Look at PL Sagarin Ratings

toddcudd
Participant

A couple of quick updates on the PL “games to watch”: American beat LaSalle last night. Not earth-shattering, but a very good, quality win imo. Actually had the game in-hand most of the way, but stumbled down the stretch and had to go to OT after a half-court buzzer beater at the end of regulation. They got what I think is a surprisingly good performance from their backup 5, Elcano. He played a very solid offensive game and distributed very nicely from the post.
I guess I might have to start accepting American as legit. While they shot very well early, for the game it was not exceptional. And they were soundly out-rebounded. But they played very good D, won the turnover battle handily, and got to the line. I think a lot of credit is due to Coach Brennan. He’s got a good, working system and has prepared his guys to execute it.
For our Quinnipiac preview, BU beat them on Sunday. Won’t be easy by any stretch, but I think it’s a game we should win. Here again, shooting was nothing special, but BU limited the rebounding margin (a Q strength), got to the line and made their FTs, and limited TOs. Papale had a really nice game. For us against Q, I think we’ll need to win the TO battle and be solid on the boards. For the season, Q gets ORs at a crazy high rate.
No PL games tonight; not sure what I’ll watch!