Reply To: Boston U. – Game 2

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Boston U. – Game 2 Reply To: Boston U. – Game 2

lehigh90
Participant

I agree, and I do think it is a talent issue in the upperclass grades. Reed recruited two very poor classes in a row, and now the team and program are paying for it.

If you look at the seniors, you have:

CB – giving you nothing this season, and very little over career (injuries or otherwise, not sure at this point)

SC – giving you nothing this season, and very little over career (shame as I think he has a spot in the right rotation)

CS – is a decent role player on the team, but not a primetime type of player. Has had a decent career, but as a complementary player.

If you look at the juniors:

DC – giving you nothing this season, and nothing for career.

JC – giving you nothing this season, and very spotty career so far, that is only getting worse.

JG – only bright spot on this list. Is a comer on the team, and will be a factor his last 2 seasons. But, even with that, he will never be an All PL type of player (1st or 2nd team)

KM – transfer, but giving you nothing this season, and doesn’t appear to be a big contributor moving forward.

And, I am starting to wonder as to why we are bringing in transfers like KM and JRG who are not going to be impact players. Why waste the scholarships?

The 2 younger classes have some talent, but we are being burned by a lack of talent in our experienced players. Obviously, PL is a 4 year league, where nobody is leaving early. It is tough to bring in talented 18 year olds to play against talented men (21 and 22 years old) on your competition. Big difference.