Reply To: Lafayette

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Lafayette Reply To: Lafayette

LU65
Participant

Love you comments, gohawks63. Been saying much the same about Corey all along. It’s difficult to watch our best defender and highly proficient shooter (.425 overall and .400 from deep) be so passive. Maybe Reed has some surprises in store for us come playoff time.

As for the Lafayette gamne………

At the conclusion of play in last weekend’s PGA’s Northern Trust Golf Tournament (sorry guys, another golf analogy), Sergio Garcia said that de didn’t deserve to win the event. And guess what, he didn’t. The same could be said about the Mountain Hawks in their battle with the Leopards on Sunday. We didn’t serve the “W”…………not when Tim goes 4 for 14 and doesn’t score his first bucket until after intermission……..not when we gift wrap 16 points off turnovers……not when TK and KR, our two studs, combine to go 9 for 27 and each looked like they wanted to win it on their own and, in KR’s case, out-duel his counter-mate, Lindner. Many times throughout the game, hotter hands (JG @.625, CS @.500, AP @.500, and MS@.500) appeared – to me at least – to be in better positions to score. There goes that team-ball theory I seem to forever preach. Sorry, but when we share the ball we more often than not win. And, then there’s the final 12.6 seconds of play. What was KR thinking? Reed, always the diplomat, said it best in his postgame comments, “We thought we’d ultimately try to space the floor, give Kahron Ross an opportunity to penetrate and get a decent look…..maybe he has a chance to create for others. It wasn’t one of his best days.”

Well, we won’t get a bid to the NIT. So, now onto our next goal: a date to play at home in the quarter-finals. And, it’s becoming obvious to me that with the spotty and ineffective play of CB, SC, BA, and KMcC, we’ll be asking a lot of our starting 5 + 2 come tournament time. A five day break following Colgate on Saturday all of a sudden becomes of paramount importance.