Reply To: 2015-16 Schedule

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2015-16 Schedule Reply To: 2015-16 Schedule

jimk72
jimk72
Participant

I’ve mentioned this before here, but my dad was a dentist in Milton who did pre-dental two years at “Buckvill” as he called it in the late ’40s. He took us to a few games at Davis gym, where I once saw Tom Scneider & company lose late to the Nits, thus my distaste for them began at an early age. But because of all this I’m obviously a Lehigh fan for life, but The Bison is may lifelong 2nd.

It’s my opinion that 2005-2006 Bucknell team is the best so far in the history of Patriot league basketball. I saw the Pitt score early in that year, which broke a long, long home winning streak by Pitt, who was ranked in top 20 at the time (#10?). It was a complete shock to me because Patriot league teams just didn’t do that. And then they beat ‘Cuse up there. So when they got Kansas and not the #1 seed I knew they had a chance. I stood for most of the game and shed a tear or two ’cause my dad had passed away a couple of years before. Sorry to spill all this but its one of many reasons why college hoops is far and away my favorite pro or college sport.

I hadn’t heard the Boeheim story before but it sure fits his rep.