Reply To: Future schedules

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Future schedules Reply To: Future schedules

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Go Lehigh TU Owl
Participant

While Air Force would be “cool” it’s also a recipe for disaster. Playing a usually good Falcon team at 7,000 feet to start the year in what could be 90 degree weather can be a tall task for good FBS teams, let a lone a team like Lehigh. Colgate ventured out there two years ago and got their butts kicked pretty good.

Obviously Temple, Army, UConn, UMass and Wake Forest would be at the top of my list. I’m not a big fan of FCS vs FBS games but I get it. I also think Old Dominion, App State and some of the MAC schools like Ohio, Akron and Kent State would be solid choices. Once you start getting into teams like UVA, Boston College, Syracuse, Duke(under Cutcliffe), Toleldo, Marshall etc there’s a real chance of an ugly blowout if Lehigh has a less than stellar team.

Generally speaking, I’d avoid those type of games. Lehigh does not need the money so any FBS game should be one where there’s a legit chance to be competitive. With that said, Navy will have no issues scoring 60+ on Lehigh if they got the chance. The Middies would have sunk Lehigh in epic fashion last year. Colgate gets to deal with them to start this season.