Reply To: Temple coach handling Army loss

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Temple coach handling Army loss Reply To: Temple coach handling Army loss

CHIP72
Participant

I’m not as devout a fan as Go Lehigh TU Owl for either Lehigh or Temple, but like him I follow both teams, and I can tell you Temple’s surprising loss to Army* really reduced my interest in watching last Saturday’s games, including Lehigh’s game. That occurred even though I wasn’t able to watch the Army/Temple game. The portion of the Monmouth game I did watch (part of the 1st half) didn’t help matters.

Lehigh, like Temple, has time to turn it around, but that has to start happening sooner rather than later. Unlike Temple however, Lehigh will play an opponent this Saturday that was/is expected to be better than them, so the Mountain Hawks may be facing an uphill battle to avoid an 0-2 start. Games at Penn and vs. Princeton, both of whom were competitive in the Ivy League last year, won’t be easy either. If Lehigh comes out of their first 4 games with a 2-2 record, I think they’ll be doing pretty well considering the home loss to Monmouth.

*Temple had beaten Army in their last six meetings prior to this season, every year between 2008 and 2013, in most cases pretty easily. The Owls won those games even though in some of those seasons, most notably 2012 and 2013, Temple wasn’t very good. Additionally, Army was not a good team last year, and Temple was/is expected to post a winning season (and probably win at least 8 games) this year.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by  CHIP72.
  • This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by  CHIP72.