Reply To: PL QUARTERFINALS: Boston University

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball PL QUARTERFINALS: Boston University Reply To: PL QUARTERFINALS: Boston University

lehigh90
Participant

Not much in the way of recapping the season from the usual commentators. Disappointing end to the season. I guess, it ended up the way it should have, very up and down team, ending up about .500. But, after the winning streak, we all expected a deep run in the PL Tourney. I thought they had a real shot against Bucknell in a semi, although Boston U always seems to give us fits. Never good to lose a quarterfinal on your home court. But, BU shot the lights out, and our defense was a weakness all year. BU came back to reality shooting the ball vs Bucknell, and got hammered.

It’s a shame that KR goes out on such a low note, after a stellar career. And, he played great down the stretch during the winning streak. The mystery of this season, for me, will be KL. I expected him to be the best player on the team, and something happened. Ended up losing starting spot, and a non-factor for much of the season. There must be a story there between he and the coaches. And, what happens with him next year. Interesting that his spot, goes to a freshman, who was a non-factor in the PL tourney game.

As usual, many questions moving forward. We got decent contributions out of 3 freshmen, so that is good news. Looks like JC will be a solid PG starter next year, and a 6’10” freshman coming in should help up front. He could and probably should be a starter at the 5, moving JK to the more natural 4 spot. But, too early. Need LT and KL to score the ball again next year. PA back as an obvious starter at the 3. Who knows what happens with EP, and the bigs who really haven’t played yet in a Lehigh uniform. But, all that said, we could be in the mix next year to win PL.

On the coaching front, I thought BR did an admirable job salvaging a season that looked lost, midway through. Looked like he had them peaking at the right time, but he never had much in the way of team defense all season, and it hurt them in a big spot.

Until next year.