'15 – '16 Preview

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball '15 – '16 Preview

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  toddcudd 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

toddcudd
    Participant

Today CoBL has posted their Lehigh primer for the upcoming season. No news here, pretty consistent with our expectations, I think.

CoBL Preview

On a related note, it really pleases me the CoBL considers us to be part of their coverage area. I’m sure some might consider it a stretch, but I really like their work. And a little extra publicity in a great hoops town like Philly – bonus!!

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Seconded Todd. The folks over at CoBL do an outstanding job.

Very excited for the season. The two biggest concerns for me going into the year are 1) depth and 2) perimeter shooting. The losses of Miles to transfer, and BA to injury are a major blow to the depth. And who is going to help stretch the floor with AP. The three ball is such a major component of college basketball these days, it’s nice to have a few guys that can knock it down with consistency. Hoping KR comes back with an improved jumper and the KL is ready to contribute much more than originally intended.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

If he can play D expct KL a.d DC will split time at 3 . Article still has MH as doubtful? Is he actually practicing or just there?

toddcudd
    Participant

Great question, Rich. Seems like his status is being played very close to the vest. Been thinking about the injury status thing a bit lately, across sports. In the pros, they’re required to publish status updates. I’m confident that there’s no such requirement at the college level.
    Maybe it’s tactical/strategic? Don’t let the opponents know what to prepare for? Frustrating as a fan, but I guess I can see some logic there.

LU15
    Participant

This source tends to be very behind reality, they were late on knowing about BA, Doc had to tell them about it. From what I hear, MH is back in Dec. Is that what you hear too?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yeah,but that’s my question. Is that still the case?

toddcudd
    Participant

December is what I heard as the “best-case” outlook, back at the time of the announcement. However, I’m now cautiously optimistic, based on the pics of him on the practice floor. Those pictures don’t tell any kind of full story, and everything else is just conjecture. But I’m choosing to be hopeful.

toddcudd
    Participant

I was out of town for most of last week, so wasn’t fully keeping up. This article on the Lehigh Sports site does have some info – indicates that MH won’t be ready for game 1 at ‘cuse. It does not project when he will be ready, other than “at some point this season”.

Practice Starts

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.