#18 Cam Richardson Ath

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football #18 Cam Richardson Ath

This topic contains 43 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by sundayamqb sundayamqb 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

toddcudd
    Participant

^
    Where’s that “like” button?

:-)

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

+1 for both owl and todd.:)

Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Participant

Thanks guys!

If I were going to critique one thing with recruiting it would be the lack of FBS coaching experience on Coen’s staff. The current recruiting coordinator is a guy who’s background is in D3. I think it would be beneficial to have a staff member who had a few recruiting battles at the FBS level.

I think Donnie Roberts has some strong ties in recruiting relative to the rest of the staff. His DL might not be Seahawks but he knows how to get kids to campus….

Who does the heavy lifting Rich? Coen, Roberts or Sawyer?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Sawyer,Sutyak Brisson have done very well IMO. Hard to gauge others as some have areas from which we dont draw a lot of players. The South is a bit puzzling. We dont get many fron Carolinas,Ga and Va. So far none that we know of. There is no doubt staff works extremely hard at this. We really cant complain about the quality of this class. Prob 10-12 more to go. RBs seem to be highest priority.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Sawyer,Sutyak Brisson have done very well IMO. Hard to gauge others as some have areas from which we dont draw a lot of players. The South is a bit puzzling. We dont get many fron Carolinas,Ga and Va. So far none that we know of. There is no doubt staff works extremely hard at this. We really cant complain about the quality of this class. Prob 10-12 more to go. RBs seem to be highest priority.

Didn’t we used to? Tanner Rivas was from NC, and we got some really great kids from Georgia, most notably a certain Will Rackley. Bryan Andrews is another GA product. And of course Tyler Ward.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yes,a couple most every yr. These usually are among our best players. To have none is striking. Caveat is that we may have some that we just dont know about yet.

van
    van
    Participant

with football schollies, recruiting geography may be changing, maybe do not need to go as far afield to fill out classes?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Andy said something similar last yr. Between Duke publicity and schollies we had much greater access to recruits in NJ and Pa. Shows up clearly in the names we kniw. Coach Sawyer cleaned up in Tampa Bay. Point tho,even with schollies is we get some of our better players from Carolins,Va and Ga.

TMH
    Participant

Is anyone else going to the football banquet next month?

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Articles that identify other schools who supposedly ‘offered’ are many times exaggerated. I’ve heard first hand statements by parents that their son was offered or being recruited by various schools. Much of this ‘recruitment’ is nothing more than receiving a piece of mail from the school advertising the school and seeking the kid’s interest. All of a sudden Johnny is ‘considering’ XYZ University. You really have look behind the contact and most of the time we do not have that information, so we speculate and impose our biases depending on what we think of the “other schools”. It’s a nice distraction in the depth of gloomy winter, but in the immortal words of Mr. Natural, “Don’t mean sheeeeeeeeeet…Keep on truckin’ “…(;-)

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

LOL, so true. HS coaches.and parents notorious. If Weathervane U. came to school or even passdd thri town,their noy was offered.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Yes. I expect to be there. Taking the granddaughters to a show at Zoellner at 4 p.m., but expect to be out in time!

TMH
    Participant

ngineer,
    Just to let you know. There will be a reception prior to your show at Zoellner hosted by the Lehigh Home Club. Check the events calendar.
    Hopefully we can find a way to meet up at the football dinner. It’s always good to put faces to names.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

TMH:

I’m not a position to go to the dinner, but if I did go, would I put sundayamqb on my name tag?

How do you guys work “meeting up” given the anonymity of this board?

Curious more than anything else.

SAMQB

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.