#19 JARROD HOWARD

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football #19 JARROD HOWARD

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  robertfargo 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

6’1 180 wr/db West Linn Ore.
    Best player on bad team. Not a speed guy but great hands, shifty runner. On D another strong S. Kid is punishing tackler

This recruit unearthed by LFN with some excellent twitter search. Kudos.

Kramer
    Kramer
    Participant

We must be geting close to finishing up this class, right?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Too many unknown factors to know for sure. Given normal attrition, I guess around 21-27 as possible. One factor is $$. We dont know budget for football precisely so dont know how much Andy can spend. Even with kuds leaving that only frees up slots not necessarily $ as need kids dont necessarily lose their aid. LU has converted some in the past from grants to a portion of loans. Again we dont know if it will or how much.
    Secondly, we dont know how Andy is splitting up money he does have…
    Long winded way of saying we wont know until class announced.

TMH
    Participant

Although I think that there is a lot of quality in this class, aren’t we getting a bit top-heavy in the WR, DB departments especially since we recruited several quality WRs last year?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

My thought also but Dave is feeding his offense. Howard likely a S. But looks good on either side.

Just a note Kenny Crawford confirmed by Philly Enquirer today. Bet he is slotted at FB.
    Real Q is how many more in this class. May not be overloade if there are 5-6 more in class. Andy has covered all positions cept Te, unless Stubbs goes there, and a run stuffer DL.

van
    van
    Participant

Kurfis and Soto both seniors, Paris a junior next year, so WR recruits a need for this class.   After those 3 not sure what we have.

Knott got some time last year, but he is only 5’9″ and not sure he is a difference maker.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Disagree a bit on Knott. Too small to be an every fown player but he is and will be a difference maker. He is quickest WR, excellent hands and ability to get separation. He will be in the 4 wide sets.
    There is a need for WRs. Filled now. Ceech’s system complex for WRs. Will need them 2 yrs from now.

TMH
    Participant

Besides Knott, Lehigh recruited Hayden Jones, an AS selection from Florida and Stefan Sansone, a 1st team A/S out of St Louis with big HS #s
    http://www.stltoday.com/sports/high-school/football/super-30/stefan-sansone-st-louis-u-high—wr-uncommitted/article_019a5e20-ced5-11e0-a454-0019bb30f31a.html
    This year there is Michael Soccaras, Michael Anderson, Jarrod Howard plus guys like Madaluna and Leaks.
    Also there is long jumper supreme Derek Gaul who was converted to WR.
    I’m not complaining but if this is a limited resource year, I’d love some more DL including a NG.
    Just a thought.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

All true. AIR LEHIGH on avg 13-15 @ yr
    IMO set at all spots cept DL,RB & CB.
    Anyone we get now will be a bonus other than NG or a ***.
    Real Q is it enuf to keep pace w Gate? Biggest unanswered question.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Seems Andy had brought in a number of very good Athletes who have played both sides of the ball, as well as other sports.  What one comes in as, doesn’t mean you stay as.  I agree a stud DL for the middle (assuming we’re staying 3-4) would be nice.  With type of multiple offensive packages we run, you need a decent number of wr’s so as to no wear out the squad.  Overall, I’m very optimistic. Getting Kauffman from Bethlehem Freedom very, very nice.

LuigiHodges
    Participant

We must be geting close to finishing up this class, right?

http://www.dvdsaledirect.com/

van
    van
    Participant

By my count 21 seniors leaving program this year from a roster of 100.  Since roster will eventually need to pare down to meet limits (95 I think), you could calculate a class of only 15 + underclass attrition.  Suspect will be seeing an increase in attrition since roster size is being limited in the future.  Current soph class is quite large, 28 and last years recruits were 26.  Suspect future classes will be in the range of 22 to 24 depending on how future attrition goes.

When you look at the seniors departing it is a little scary for the defense, 3 of 4 starting DBs, 3 starting DL, 2 of 4 starting LBs + Gordon that started some also.  Not much better on O, where a lot of skill guys graduating as well as Ruley and Vuono on the OL.

DL a big concern for 2013 and don’t expect help from this years recruits.  Hope some of last years recruits are big upside surprises.

robertfargo
    Participant

Could have been a good sign of a football picks for sports betting. Like in nfl picks, I am also into the NBA monitoring.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 8 months ago by  robertfargo.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.