1st Game Thoughts?

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football 1st Game Thoughts?

This topic contains 28 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Hope so. He can be a difference maker. Has it all but size. Excellent at separation and very fast.

Miller
    Participant

JMU averaged over 4 yards/rush if you take away the 2 sacks by MD. That was against a 3-4 front that averages 285 up front and 245 at Lbs. The more I do the math,this game doesn’t add up well. We better have a few wrinkles and trick plays lined up. Or win the TOP,which seems to never happen.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by  Miller.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yup. Hope JMU makes close to same # of penalties a.d ,istakes . Not probable tho against us. Have to survive 1st half.

TMH
    Participant

How much of an advantage is having film on them from this year while providing none to them especially with a significant turnover in both coaches and personel?
    Does playing on the field we practice on provide a significant advantage even if the crowd is not a factor?
    I believe a heavy rain may help JMU more than Lehigh since we will rely more on quickness than bulk? Does a more sporadic rain help our passing game though since our receivers know their cuts.
    Conversely nasty weather may be the great equalizer.

Forecast though is 40% chance of scattered showers only until about 4:00. We’ve had that forecast all week and hardly any rain.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Covered all the bases. I guess some benefit for us but not substantial. Heavy downpours,JMU will pound tbe crap ouf of us. Want see us get up to their game speed and have so,e success . If not a win,survival and improvement.

chipwho
    Participant

We (fans) always requested a difficult schedule, well, guess what…JMU followed by NH … what the doctor ordered…playing with the Big Boys will test our ability & the way it should be. Love the schedule, should be a great building block for this young team & staff. As the chant goes “I believe we can win” repeat. Lehigh makes all of us proud. GO HAWKS>>>> see you at the tailgate.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Not bitching about schedule,agree its due and necessary. Just wish we were going into it with a more veteran squad and staff. Nerve wracking. But, I’m like this before every season :)

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Good news on tough schedule is that if kids do not get hurt, all we have to do is win the PL to go to the playoffs. “All we have to do” — easier said than done, but that’s way more possible than running the table in this year’s out of conference sked, I think.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

:)So we follow the Pard Plan to go to the playoffs. OK by me. Other than Cornell and GU ,there are no easy games,at least on paper right now. Injuries,soph slumps by us or them can alter the landscape. For us we need to survive and improve. As someone noted, we may be a year away.

toddcudd
    Participant

32-28 us. +2 TOs, and late game heroics, yet again…

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Blatant homerism just before old fart bed time.todd, I owe you for that jolt of optimism. Thanks :)

toddcudd
    Participant

Homer

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Lmao, W giving me that “What is that man thinking” look.Really thanks for the reminder. Can now put off being a crazy person til KO tomorrow. :)

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.