2 deep

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football 2 deep

This topic contains 23 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Up just now. LBs are Butler and Woetzel
    Walker and Seighman at 2
    DL Kaufman Cabeness Mitchell and Johnson.
    2s Nace Kircher Morrow Lynn Q back at Rover and Kareem at CB.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Can anyone recall last time a frosh started season starting on OL?

van
    van
    Participant

guy must be impressive since the upperclassmen he beat out are no slouches

also noticed Kircher on two deep and 2 frosh DBs on the two deep

Lynn not starter at DE, wonder if he is dinged?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Lynn ,not sure, on status but no serious injuriesvfrom camp. Kaufman no stiff. Tough quick little bastard.
    DL surprise to me is no Prendergast. Perhaps still not 100%.

FTMom43
    Participant

This is Lynn’s mom.. He’s fine. I have enjoyed lurking for three years on this page

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Thanks Mom. Glad Julian OK. Fingers crossed for a great year for him and the team.

van
    van
    Participant

no doubt he will be getting much PT as DL should rotate a lot, look forward to a great year

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

There are some real jaw-droppers to me on the two deep. The secondary in particular with Buckrham and Floyd, two true frosh, on there, as well as Evans STARTING at G and Kircher in the DL rotation. I was very surprised at all four.

Cristiano starting over Kelsey is also a bit of a surprise, at least to me. Luke must have had an excellent camp.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

A bit surprised Sasha at 2 but he will get his PT. Luke pretty good also :).
    Glad to see frosh win spots albeit surprised.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

objective observer
    Participant

DL is a rotation NO starters –
    Cavenas-Lynn-Johnson-Juan – then Mitchell- he is still the 5th best defensive lineman

It might seem I am a hater – with #52- but I think he is a liability 31 tackles and 3 sacks in 4 years????
    don’t give intangibles- I KNOW WHAT IT IS-

objective observer
    Participant

its been rumored – LYNN is the can be the best defensive lineman on the team If I am not mistaken there might be some NFL in his family- nice kid along with Johnson and Juan

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Julian certainly the best athlete on DL. If he can stay healthy I dont see a cap on how far he can go in football. DE is his spot.
    Dont agree on Mitchell. NG s rarely get big numbers of tackles or sacks. His job is to clog the middle jam up run and keep OL away from LBs. He is good at that.

lehighfootballfan67
    Participant

I am surprised lfnadmin is surprised at 2 deep. Past 4-5 years we have seen freshman listed at 2 deep and they never see the field beyond special teams. Is there an archive of Notes to see how many seniors in the class as freshman were listed as 2s across their freshman season but have not played on D or O until recently or never. 2 Deep for young players seems to be more of a feel good / recognition in program than reality. Anyone have a Database and report they could run. Starters are just that and I have not seen the same trend. We have had some excellent players pop up and some more this year at 1s. No one else notice this?

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

[quote quote=31789]DL is a rotation NO starters –
    Cavenas-Lynn-Johnson-Juan – then Mitchell- he is still the 5th best defensive lineman

It might seem I am a hater – with #52- but I think he is a liability 31 tackles and 3 sacks in 4 years????
    don’t give intangibles- I KNOW WHAT IT IS-

[/quote]

You must be all stat sheet and no football knowledge. As a nose guard, Jimmy is never going to be a sack leader or tackle leader, he’ll be judged by his ability to stop the run and doing his role. “Liability” – give me a break.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.