2 deep

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football 2 deep

This topic contains 23 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

[quote quote=31793]I am surprised lfnadmin is surprised at 2 deep. Past 4-5 years we have seen freshman listed at 2 deep and they never see the field beyond special teams. Is there an archive of Notes to see how many seniors in the class as freshman were listed as 2s across their freshman season but have not played on D or O until recently or never. 2 Deep for young players seems to be more of a feel good / recognition in program than reality. Anyone have a Database and report they could run. Starters are just that and I have not seen the same trend. We have had some excellent players pop up and some more this year at 1s. No one else notice this?

[/quote]

Three years ago, QJ was the only freshman on the 2 deep, he’s now starting.

Two years ago, Liborio Ricotilli, Erik Hawkinson, Brad Mayes, Connor Bianchini, Dom Bragalone, Micco Brisker were the freshmen on the two deep. Three are current starters (Brags was a starter also as a freshman), and the rest are on the two-deep.

Last year, Alex Motley (on the current two-deep), Colin Nace (on the two-deep), Marquis Wilson (on the two deep), and Riley O’Neil (freshman starter, still on the two deep) appeared.

So that is completely inaccurate.

van
    van
    Participant

[quote quote=31795]

I am surprised lfnadmin is surprised at 2 deep. Past 4-5 years we have seen freshman listed at 2 deep and they never see the field beyond special teams. Is there an archive of Notes to see how many seniors in the class as freshman were listed as 2s across their freshman season but have not played on D or O until recently or never. 2 Deep for young players seems to be more of a feel good / recognition in program than reality. Anyone have a Database and report they could run. Starters are just that and I have not seen the same trend. We have had some excellent players pop up and some more this year at 1s. No one else notice this?

Three years ago, QJ was the only freshman on the 2 deep, he’s now starting.

Two years ago, Liborio Ricotilli, Erik Hawkinson, Brad Mayes, Connor Bianchini, Dom Bragalone, Micco Brisker were the freshmen on the two deep. Three are current starters (Brags was a starter also as a freshman), and the rest are on the two-deep.

Last year, Alex Motley (on the current two-deep), Colin Nace (on the two-deep), Marquis Wilson (on the two deep), and Riley O’Neil (freshman starter, still on the two deep) appeared.

So that is completely inaccurate.

[/quote]+1 well said

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Dont think that was LFN’s point. Agree last 2 classes had numbers on 2 deep marking the improved quality of recruit classes. Those kids are now so and jrs. No shock that this class also has even more quality. The surprise is they beat out those so and jr players. A very pleasant surprise.

TMH
    Participant

I suspect that 2 years ago, current captain Sam McCloskey was on the 2 deep. Didn’t he start from Day 1 ?

Doc Qb
    Participant

Anyone have access or have seen the ‘Nova 2 deep? Cant find it on their site. Was curious as to their number of returning starters and their 2016 stats.

Really starting to get pumped up for this game. We may have new coordinators, but both are solid men and the number of returning guys with talent really should give us a smooth transition.

I wonder if the losses of Andy Talley and several other coaches will affect them more than our staff changes. As an example, UPenn has had talent last few years, but when Bagnoli left, the very next year at our place we stomped an eventual Ivy Champ UPenn team with a new HC who was a lifer at UPenn (but first time HC). Would love to see that advantage play out again Saturday at Goodman.

Most importantly, whatever ‘switch’ went off right before halftime at Penn last year, I want to see it again. That score before halftime propelled us in a great way. Remember, we were up huge on them, Gate and Fordham. I am not sure we were really 30pts better them, but we put the hammer down in those three pivotal games like we haven’t in years.

Against UNH, we just didn’t seem to be able to find and turn on that switch again, amongst other unfortunate shortcomings with player health. No way they were 40+ pts better than us, as they showed that day.

Find that switch again, flip it, and we’re going to have a pretty fun year all around.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

No Nova notes as of 15 mins ago. Getting up early and often will force Nova out of their run 1st O.

Doc Qb
    Participant

Agree, Rich. Load the box, stop the run, force Bednarzyk their QB to beat you. On O, big, experienced, talented O line controls LOS, QB takes what the D gives us…we should have the weapons w run game or pass game to do so. Would love to see Andy and this year’s crew get this big W and have a big 2017.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

So say all of us. Go Lehigh

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

From what I hear from Nova fans, game notes usually come out on Thursday.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.