2 deep defense

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football 2 deep defense

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by RichH RichH 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    van
    van
    Participant

Start with the D line, two deep is important here as coach K likes to rotate the big guys to keep em fresh, and we have good depth here with guys coming back for 5th year

Dokouslis, Knapp and Flizack first team
    Winnett, Connare, Bianchi and Chagani will all contribute

Okay, linebackers – Groome, Rivas and Newton all return (although I would like to see Newton as a safety), should be a good competition between Greene and Boyko for 4th spot (I lean Boyko because of his size) Some talent with the underclassmen here and several should get time

Corners – Gabe Johnson and Bryan Andrews at the corners, big shoes to fill, but definitely some talent here, not sure who might step into the two deep, but Jarvis got playing time last year and may have an inside track

Safety – Littlejohn and O’Brien seem to have inside track to start based on last years playing time, Mahoney and unknown, backups, I have no clue, can someone weigh in

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

I agree that Newton could end up being strong safety. He’s a hitter and can move. Gives Coach K a lot of flexibility and may depend on how well the other secondary guys show the week or so in camp. The front 7 on Defense should be very strong. The corners will also be very good. Andrew would have started last year for any other school.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Newton at SS a good idea. Think Greene will take last spot. Expect Nigel to get soe PT even with the 2 deep full.

Also would not be surprised to see Layton get PT on passing downs .

We face a number of excellent qbs this yr, UNH, Monmouth, Liberty and Yale. Coach K will need to be very creative with his blitzes to protect 2ndary. Unfortunately many of these ( Liberty!) are good runners as well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.