2 Games and Counting

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football 2 Games and Counting

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 14 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww! Had to get it out! :twisted:

I, like every other fan in the stadium, was sitting there today just waiting for the sky to fall. And as expected, this team found another way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Firstly, the defense overall was amazing. Secondly, this loss is squarely on the offense and special teams. They had several chances to put this game away when the defense give them short fields. The offense manages a stinkin’ 3 points. I also could not believe the FG attempt on the 4 and 2. The team is 2-6 and the FG kickers have been anything but consistent. GO FOR IT!

It is really difficult to question the effort, especially on defense, but consistent execution has just been absent since Andy took over and has deteriorated in recent years.

Watching this team find a way to lose every week is like getting a root canal without novocaine. It is excrutiatingly painful. :cry:

JJH
    Participant

Well, to be fair, how was that 80-yard opening drive not scored by the offense? JJH

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

"JJH" wrote: Well, to be fair, how was that 80-yard opening drive not scored by the offense? JJH

Kinda like the Harvard game, huh? ;)

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Stupid penalties on top of more stupid penalties throw in a couple of really bad calls and you score 20 instead of over 30. O did not play as bad as they have. If I had not seen this team all year and only read pre game on HC I would think LU played quite well overall scoring and keeping what should have been a rout to a close game. Good play , good play , bad play , penalty ,punt. So inconsistent , so much talent and potential. We stopped ourselves more than HC did anything to stop us.

D, however, was very good but again not good enuf for us to win.

This game is a G*ddamn [b]Moral Victory[b]. We must be the most righteous team in the FCS. :shock:

Well, wrestling starts tomorrow with Rider

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Yes, this game shows that we do have talent to play with top tieir in the PL. Same at Colgate, another winnable game that was lost because of stupid mistakes. The offense is quite young, only one senior out there starting, so there is hope for the future, but I think we need a new OC and a QB coach. Clark has skills but under pressure he doesn’t seem to find his receivers quick enough. Drwal was wide open in the endzone on the pass thrown to the other receiver who caught the ball but was hit out of the endzone to be out of bounds. When the blitz comes, there has to be a hot receiver in the area from which the blitz came.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.