2010-2011 OOC Schedule

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2010-2011 OOC Schedule

This topic contains 47 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  lfnadmin 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

I understand where you are coming from LFN. But those aren’t actually the type of games I was referring to. I don’t think there is much point in getting blown out by a UConn, Nova, or Syracuse. If your team can compete at that level (i.e. those Bucknell teams of recent memory), then by all means, go for it.

The type of games I am talking about are against CAA, A-10, and America East teams. The local (and lower tier) A-10 teams like Drexel and Lasalle would make great opponents with decent RPI’s (and we might be able to get a 2 for 1 with a home game.

Also teams like U Delaware (who is visiting Lafayette), BU, Northeastern, William and Mary, George Mason, Duquesne, URI would be great for us. Schools from respected conferences who will boost our RPI, provide a winnable yet challenging game, and (in some cases) are academically inclined.

I know it’s easier said than done, but 5 teams from the same conference (NEC) that is equal to or weaker than the Patriot League and does not stress academics just seems a bit much to me.

LU65
    Participant

I’m with you, Stabler Bum. I’d like to see increased focus placed on the Colonial (8th rated RPI), A10 (9th), America East (14th), and Ivy (18th) conferences – bus rides to nearly all – in the years ahead. Perhaps we’ll get our wish as three NECs (Monmouth, Quinnipiac, and St. Francis) may be ending their contractual obligations with Lehigh. There’s just no way of knowing. But, this will be our 6th game with Monmouth, 4th with Q, and 4th with St. Francis. Yet, let’s not be to too quick to dispatch Q. Their a solid program and boast a respectable 147 RPI. I guess it all comes down to contracts and timing. I’m sure Coach Reed and his staff spent hours putting the puzzle together in building our 2010-11 schedule. For instance, it appeared that two A10 schools, Duquesne (114 RPI) and URI (40 RPI), were looking for games and offering guarantees a few weeks ago on the Basketball Travelers website. Others out seeking games late into the summer were Seton Hall (60), Canisius (206), and Ohio State (22). It can’t be easy trying to match "open dates" with the developmental needs of our players as we prep for our only meaningful games – PL play. Toss in a team or two from a major conference that doesn’t want to risk losing to you, and you no doubt have a nightmarish time coming up with a schedule that pleases all – especially glory-hungry fans. All in all, I’m happy with our OOC schedule and certainly trust the judgment of those who put it together.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

I see everyone’s point about the NEC games. I’m just pointing out that we do have an A-10 game (Fordham) and a Big Ten game (Penn State). They just don’t contribute to RPI much at all since they’ve been so bad.

I was surprised to see Seton Hall on that list of teams with openings. Perhaps the timing was wrong or something, but it would be great to get a one-off with a Villanova, St. John’s, Seton Hall or Georgetown. I think we can all agree that it would be better than another NEC game :lol:

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.