2011-2012 Schedule

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2011-2012 Schedule

This topic contains 36 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  norcalfan 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

More on the three St. John players ruled ineligible for the Fall semester games.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketba … -major-hit

Minor point………LU will be St. John’s 4th game of the season not their first. They open up 2K Classic play on 11/7 against William and Mary after having entertained CW Post and St. Mary’s (MD).

http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m- … sched.html

norcalfan
    Participant

Here’s my two cents for what it’s worth. I think this is the schedule LU needs. It will build character for sure.

LU65
    Participant

As previously posted on the Bucknell Board ……….

Look for a team out of the Colonial and another out of the Ohio Valley to join Liberty out of the Big South to play play Lehigh in the 2K Sub-regional the weekend of Nov. 18-20. Official word should come down soon. That’ll bring to 11 the number of conferences represented on LU’s 15 game D-I OOC Schedule. Sadly, only three will be contested at Stabler.

http://www.lehighsports.com/sports/mbba … fault.aspx

Starting the season with 6 on the road – all in a 12 day period – before playing one before the LU faithful is certainly unprecedented. Forgetting Aracadia (D-III) at home our sequencing of games is: 6 road, 1 home, 2 road, 1 home, 4 road, and 1 home.

PS We open PL play on the road.

Behind the numbers: in D-I OOC Schedule:

Number of D-I Games: 15
    Home / Away: 3 / 12
    Conference Split:
    NEC: 5
    Big 12: 1
    MAAC: 1
    IVY: 1
    A-10: 1
    MEAC: 1
    Big East: 1
    Big 10: 1
    Big South: 1
    Ohio Valley: 1
    Colonial: 1

Opponents’ 2010-11 Season-ending…..
    RPI Average: 193.9
    Groupings:
    Top 100: 3
    101-200: 4
    201-300: 6
    301-334: 2

Note: Lehigh finishes last year with a 16-15 (7-9) record and a 205 RPI ranking

While not the toughest preseason test within the league (that honor, no doubt goes to Bucknell), it is a fair representation of our skill level. It will obviously test our road endurance (not bad for team bonding) and expose us to many styles of play. All this while offering us a chance for an upset or two, e.g., a weakened St. John’s roster. Whats more, it’ll give us a chance to showcase CJ and our other rising stars before audiences in the Mid-west (MSU, Iowa State), Mid-South (2K Classic – Lynchburg, VA) and NY Metro area (St. John’s, Fordham, Wagner, FDU, and St. Peter’s). It should be fun for them and our fans. It nothing else, our overall attendance figures will rise with 80% of the games played away from home!

While the official schedule is yet to be released (currently void of two games to be contested at Liberty in the 2K Classic), I have plugged-into the numbers the one Colonial and one Ohio Valley team thought to be missing from the list – names of which I am 90% sure of. If proven wrong, I will update these numbers on a later posting. Otherwise, that’s it.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Nice analysis. I do wish someone could give an explanation as to the difficulty we appear to have attracting anyone save IVYs and NECs to Stabler. The frustration with following a smaller program, is that no journalist asks these questions and we will never know how or why Arcadia ended up on the schedule.

I know it’s different, but the women have convinced Villanova, Richmond, and URI to visit Stabler, while also scheduling visits to nearby A-10 schools St. Joe’s and LaSalle.

LU65, you are spot on that we are not St. John’s first game, but CW Post and St. Mary’s are exhibitions against DII and DIII programs, and I hope they won’t do much to prepare the Johnnies for CJ and Co.

Overall, it’s nice to see some upgrades to the schedule difficulty. The three 2K sports games against solid mid majors are fantastic, and just the kind of games we need – winnable and against solid competition.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

"LU65" wrote:

Minor point………LU will be St. John’s 4th game of the season not their first. They open up 2K Classic play on 11/7 against William and Mary after having entertained CW Post and St. Mary’s (MD).

It actually will be their second game. The CW Post and St. Mary’s (MD) games are exhibitions against D2/3 teams. IMO it is good for LU that St. John’s has opted to play two games against inferior teams rather than play two closed scrimmages against D1 programs – which is what most D1 teams do (including Lehigh and most of the Patriot League).

NCAA rules allow a team two preseason games that can be either scrimmages with D1 teams or exhibitions with D2/3 teams. IIRC, I think LU has always opted to have two closed scrimmages with other D1 opponents. I assume they will be doing the same this year.

LU65
    Participant

From an ealier posting dated 9/21: "While the official schedule is yet to be released (currently void of two games to be contested at Liberty in the 2K Classic), I have plugged-into the numbers the one Colonial and one Ohio Valley team thought to be missing from the list – names of which I am 90% sure of. If proven wrong, I will update these numbers on a later posting. Otherwise, that’s it."

The wait is over, thanks to the Eastern Kentucky Colonels and the publication of the 2011-12 Schedule. LU will, in fact, play in the Liberty pod of the 2K Classic and face W&M, Liberty, and E. Kentucky. Sooner or later, might expect the organizers of the 2K Classic, the Princeton-based Gazelle Group, to make if really official.

William and Mary
    Away @ Liberty in 2K Classic – November 18th
    9-22 (5-15)
    Colonial Athletic
    228*

Liberty
    Away in 2K Classic – November 19th
    Big South
    16-13 (13-6)
    184*

Eastern Kentucky
    Away – at Liberty in 2K Classic – November 20th
    13-16 (9-10)
    Ohio Valley
    261*

* 2010-11 season-ending RPI

norcalfan
    Participant

Thanks for the update.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.