2013 Recruiting Targets Part 2

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2013 Recruiting Targets Part 2

This topic contains 95 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  LUHoops00 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Joseph Chealey to College of Charleston

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Shane Whifield visiting LU this weekend per BU board

LUHoops00
    Participant

Whitfield confirmed this himself via twitter. I can’t wait to find out who else will be with him?

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Holy smokes!  Austin Price committed this morning.  Confirmed by Dave Telep, Reggie Rankin, and Alex Kline.  Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh boy!

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

A new name with an offer and apparently a visit in the works, Marcus Jackson.

Pacific Hills Sports ‏@PacHillsSports

Marcus Jackson has offers from Rice, Lehigh, Portland State and UC Riverside and will make an official visit to Lehigh soon

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Nigel Johnson committed to GW this weekend and Jeremy Senglin committed to Weber State a few weeks back.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Another SG. Really?

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Fret not Rich, 6’7 wing Shane Whitfield just committed today per his twitter:

Shane Whitfield ‏@2Shanezz

I have decided to commit to Lehigh University.

Will start a welcome thread.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Web jumping with Hunter Myers to Harvard, per Telep and others. Not surprising, kid is a stud hooper and student, did  visit couple weeks back, guess cheating scandal didn’t hurt Amaker at al.

SBum – Not sure where this even leaves us from a who else is left perspective. Obviously suppose Devon Thomas and Bah are still in play, but the only recent connection or reference to ether one was that someone from our staff was at open gym at KUA. I hope we get Bah, he has big upside.

TMH
    Participant

I suppose my next question is: If the guy you are looking for is not available, does Dr. Reed hold on to the last scholarship until next year? Lehigh doesn’t play the annual scholarship game that most big programs do. Giving the last scholly let’s say to a guard will tie it up for 4 years.

LUHoops00
    Participant

thought about that, but can not see them being short two years in a row, especially with all the positive momentum the program has.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

One other thing to keep in mind is BJ Bailey’s situation.  While he still has two full years of eligibity remaining it would not shock me if he graduates after this season and foregoes his final season of playing.  I have no inside information at all on this, but from the articles we have all read about BJ, it seems that basketball is just a part of his life and not the end all be all.  Beyond that he seems to consider himself a part of the sr class socially and academically. Again, I have no idea, and I hope the staff has a better insight, but that could play into the number of scholarships we hand out this year and/or next.

As for who is still out there, I have heard virtually nothing on the big men left on our list: Bah, Owona, and Senat.  Haven’t heard anything on Leo Edwards either.  Much less the othoer wings like Boykins and Alstork that we are probably no longer recruiting, but who knows?

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

As far as I know, here is a list of our outstanding offers.  No idea how many of these are still on the table.  Not on the list (because an offer has never been confirmed) are Devon Thomas and Mohamad Bah.  I don’t think Leo Edwards visit ever happened, but I could be mistaken.

Uncommitted w/ confirmed LU offer:
    Mark Alstork, 6’4 G (OH) OFFER
    Monty Boykins, 6’3 G (OH) OFFER
    RJ Currington, 6’5 G (VA) OFFER; multiple high major offers
    Leo Edwards, 6’9 C (MI) OFFER, visit scheduled for September
    Nigel Hayes, 6’7 F (OH) OFFER; high major offers
    Michael Owona, 6’9 PF/C (MD) OFFER
    Greg Senat, 6’8 PF (CT) OFFER, lots of NEC and PL offers
    Isaiah Taylor, 6’2 G (TX) OFFER, high major offers

lehigh90
    Participant

Seems to make the most sense to hold on to the scholarship until an attractive big man comes along.  No point giving it to another guard or wing, which would give us, I think, 8 on next year’s roster (13-14).  I like the idea of stashing a scholarship for a late bloomer who was overlooked during the main recruiting period, and blows up as a high school senior, or a prospective transfer, who becomes available. 

If Lehigh goes into the 13-14 season with Kempton, Goldsborough, Chuku, Whitfield, and Baltimore as the only bigs (although we could add again next recruiting season), it doesn’t seem to project too well, no matter how strong the backcourt looks.

By the way, Bah looks like an animal underneath.  He would be at the top of my list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twTV9y91QJM

I don’t know the strength of all of his offers, but I have seen Gonzaga and St. Bonnie’s as offered on him.  Lehigh is shown on various sites as offering.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by  lehigh90.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Nice wrk 90. Edwards visit did appear to happen if memory serves, but have not heard a peep on him since. I agree, to me, Bah is the guy you take a shot with. He is a great athlete and has nice ht/wt profile that would really be a force in PL. A full 6’9 and 230 lbs from reports, and upside so big because he is still learning the game. I got to look a his schedule and hope he plays near me this year, want to see him live.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.