2013 Recruiting Targets Part 2

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2013 Recruiting Targets Part 2

This topic contains 95 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  LUHoops00 11 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I agree with 90. If its not the big that Doc wants, hold it to next yr. I really see little use in another guard or wing.

TMH
    Participant

I wanted to add this name as a Lehigh recruiting target

Rylan Murry 6-8 F

Has offers from Northern State,South Dakota, Nebraska-Omaha & Central Michigan. He’s being heavily recruited by Creighton, Lehigh and Penn State.

TMH
    Participant

Sorry..I just saw he had committed.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Leo Edwards committed to Louisiana Tech on his official this weekend. Bah was at Fairfield, after having already visisted Drexel and Towson.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

According to this tweet/article, we are no longer in the running for Senat: http://twitter.com/GiveNGobball/status/255366935255056385/photo/1

Not sure if his offer was pulled after Kempton committed or what, but it appears we are off his list.

SoV
    Participant

Mohamed Bah committed to Drexel earlier this evening.

lehigh90
    Participant

That hurts.  He would have looked very good in the Brown and White.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Devon Thomas to Missouri State per Alex Kline.  I think he will have an excellent college career.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Greg Senat to Wagner who clearly is keeping up their recruiting momentum post-Hurleys.  They’ve been superb on the recruiting trail the last few years.  That is one NEC team I would like to get back on the schedule as they are on the up and up.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Yes SBum, really interesting even post-Hurley’s that Wagner was able to seal the Senat deal. Good pick-up for them. How fired up are you for Friday?

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Can’t wait.  You never want to overstate the importance of one game (especially the first game of the season), but boy oh boy would a W set the tone for the season.  Let’s goooooo.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Yeah, would be unreal man, talk about a continuation of momentum “momo baby”! Should be great matchup, they loaded with guards, best backcourt we’ll face all year, so we’ll see how LU Guard U holds up! Fired up.

Even better – my comcast sports package gets the game! No extra fees, special orders, etc…I just get fox southwest!

TMH
    Participant

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned here but all 3 Lehigh recruits..Kempton , Price and Whitfield have signed their letters of intent yesterday.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Uncommitted w/ confirmed LU offer:
    Mark Alstork, 6’4 G (OH) OFFER
    Monty Boykins, 6’3 G (OH) OFFER
    RJ Currington, 6’5 G (VA) OFFER; multiple high major offers
    Leo Edwards, 6’9 C (MI) OFFER, visit scheduled for September
    Nigel Hayes, 6’7 F (OH) OFFER; high major offers
    Michael Owona, 6’9 PF/C (MD) OFFER
    Greg Senat, 6’8 PF (CT) OFFER, lots of NEC and PL offers
    Isaiah Taylor, 6’2 G (TX) OFFER, high major offers

Hayes has gone to Wisconsin, Senat to Wagner, and Edwards to La Tech.

Hoops asked who I think is still a possibility for 2013, and the big one that jumps out to me is Michael Owona.  I have heard nothing on him in months, but he remains a legit wide-bodied 6’9 interior player who rebounds and defends.  The kind of guy we have been asking for on this board for years now.  He obviously may not pan out, but he would be the first legitimately sized 5 man in this program since Maneri/McCarthy.

At one time there was also some reported itnerest in Brett Jolly, a 6’10 C from Texas, but I don’t know where that went.  He is another skinny stretch big however.

I don’t know what to think about adding a fourth player in this class.  We have the scholarships (although I’m still not certain if it is 12 or 13) and there is defintiely a need, but I’m just not sure if I see it happening.  The fact that LU did not do a press release about the three fall signees makes me think they are waiting till the spring where there could possibly be an additional recruit.  The other question is, do we recruit over DC at the wing spot?  If the staff thinks he will be a non-contributor, either because of ineffective play or transfer, that would mean only bringing in 1 guard contributor (hopefully) in AP over two years, which will make us very thin in the backcourt when Mackey graduates.  For example, I love Monty Boykins, if the staff is pretty sure DC isn’t the guy, do they go for Boykins as well?

Right now, I’d say my wish list is that we get Owona and DC turns it around, and we have some pretty good balance in the last two classes.

It goes without saying, as this is 100% conjecture on my part, and we could well be done recruiting for 2013, or focused solely on players we know nothing about.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Just did some research on Owona and it sounds like he is still wide open.  Here is a little blurb from a Baltimore h.s. basketball preview:

Carrington also mentioned Taysean Scott, a point guard from McDonogh, and big men Christian and Mike Owona as DI prospects who played for NBE. Mike Owona has “significant mid-major interest,” according to John Carroll coach Tony Martin.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.