2013 Recruiting Targets Part 2

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2013 Recruiting Targets Part 2

This topic contains 95 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  LUHoops00 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 96 total)
  • Author

LUHoops00
    Participant

Lowe highlights below, appears quick and athletic, not sure level of competition though, enjoy.

http://www.prepforce.com/video/1774/2013-pg-jaylen-lowe-highlights

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Few thoughts.

– He does look like a good athlete and pretty solid offensive player from the highlight although im not sure all of those scoops and contested finishes at the rim will fly at the D1 level

– He plays in 6A which I believe is the largest classification in Oklahoma

– He is (at least) a 2 sport athlete, so assuming he picks basketball at the next level he could potentially improve more dramatically than a player only focused on hoops throughout high school

– Almost every high school gym in that video is nicer than Stabler!

LUHoops00
    Participant

Also SBUm, just trolling twitter and it appears he just picked up a D-I Football schoolie offer and is visiting Tulsa this weekend.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Lowe committed to Tulsa for football, FYI…what is potentially still available for ’13?

LUHoops00
    Participant

Miles Simelton article from end of January, little tidbit, seems like he has options, lots of them. Watched some video, seems pretty solid, interesting to see where he ends up…apparently a good student.

There hasn’t been any uncommitted senior whose stock has skyrocketed more this season than Miles Simelton. The Oswego point guard is averaging 18 points a game and has led the Panthers to a 19-2 record.

Since shining at the Proviso West Holiday Tournament last month, interest has picked up as Simelton has heard from a number of schools, including Tulane, San Diego, Lehigh, Dartmouth, Brown, Georgia State, Houston Baptist, Loyola, Valpo, Wright State, Wofford, Chicago State and UC-Riverside

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Mark Alstork committed to Drake last week.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Don’t like this one bit, Monty Boykins is head to Lafayette for an official visit this weekend.

Monty Boykins@MontyBoykins32 going on an official to Lafayette

Who knows where things are after his knee injury, but I think this kid has the potential to be a real good get in PL.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Thanks for the Boykins update Sbum, hopefully we lay a can of whoop ass on Laf and make him go somewhere else.

I keep trying to find any spring guys that we’re into for class of 13 addition, and keep coming back to Simelton, and not much else. Anyone else hearing about anyone that we could snag here for 4th member of this class. If we go after one more spot, are most folks interested in a PG here if we find one we like? Another big?

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

There were 3 point guard names that I dug up early in the new year.  Miles Simelton, Jaylen Lowe, and Javon (maybe Javan?) Perry.  Lowe signed with Tulsa for football, and I haven’t seen any other mention of Perry or Simelton.  Here is an outdated Rivals page for Perry – http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Javan-Perry-117334.

No idea if either or both of Simelton and Perry are still in play.  Owona, who we’ve discussed at length, is still on the board as well.

The latest updated I could find on Simelton from February 15th looks like we still haven’t offered but there are a lot of schools involved:

Simelton’s recruitment continues to be on the rise.  On Monday he also heard from Washington State.  Right now he holds offers from Miami (OH), UC Davis, Brown, Chicago State, Wright State, and Wofford.  He is receiving interest from Tulane, Creighton, UC Riverside, Northern Illinois, Lehigh, Dartmouth, Georgia State, San Diego, Tennessee, Loyola, Valparaiso, and Houston Baptist.

From the limited internet chatter, it seems like the staff is targeting point guards.  Maybe looking for someone to fill Mackey’s shoes after next year and really be able to push the pace in the same mold as MM.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Simelton has said he wants to make a decision after his hoops season ends, and his team is still alive in playoffs right now. He’ll probably take some visits as well, will be interesting to see where he ends up.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Again risk of not signing anyone is BJ leaves and DC misses most of season, which means you start pre-season next year with 10 schollies to start with…10!

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Not to mention SW will be coming off a major injury as well.  I would hope the staff knows what BJ is thinking and is planning accordingly.  Major issue if that isn’t the case.

LUHoops00
    Participant

YES, exactly SBum, of your 11 guys you got DC who probably won’t be ready until December/January, and SW off major surgery. After seeing what has happened this year I’d hope we smarten up and use the schollie….IF someone is out there we like..surely there are talented players left who we saw and liked, perhaps some guys we thought were out of our reach but maybe as some of our competition from higher level leagues use their allotment of schollies up maybe we can sneak in an scoop up someone late here in March/April.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Article in the Morning Call this morning about BJ Bailey.  Good read overall, but the most relevant for this conversation is the following sentence:

“Bailey is looking forward to graduating this summer with a degree in psychology and getting on with his life.” 

Sounds to me like he is leaving, which many of us have predicted all along.  As stated previously, I really hope the staff is out there looking for another guy to sign in the spring.

LUHoops00
    Participant

SBum – read same article and thought same exact thing, I mean I think we all probably thought he was 70/30 go/stay, but perhaps this ups the % of his leaving. If we think 70/30 with no insight obiously staff has more insight and it would certainly be questionable decision to not use the open schollie after how decimated we’ve been this year by injuries….

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.