2013 Recruiting Targets

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2013 Recruiting Targets

This topic contains 141 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  lehigh90 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 136 through 142 (of 142 total)
  • Author

LU2012
    Participant

I’m excited to hear some analysis from you guys. Personally, I love the fit. And I will be on campus this weekend, but not too likely to be at Goodman for the game. I will be sure to give a report if I see anyone around.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Kempton verbal now all over twitter including from Tim himself. I have to go find some video, or if anyone already has some please share. I have read heights from 6’8 up to 6’10, and he has the bloodlines. Espn says he has legit range up to 17 and is a great shooter, but says he has to get bigger nd quicker to bang down low and in contact areas, things that the gym can teach. Sight unseen this could work out well, and good example of a guy off our radar that we heard about a week ago and then bang, he is part of the family.

Wonder what this does to our interest in Edwards, who is a totally different player and maybe due to that it means nothing,

Excited to have locked up our first.

Keep feeding us on the ground updates 2012.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Looks like a real solid pick up to me.  Other reported offers from Northern Arizona, Idaho, Idaho State, Air Force, Weber State, Houston Baptist, Rice and Santa Clara.  Rice and Santa Clara especially are nice programs to beat for a recruit, especially for a West Coast kid.

This website has him in the mix with and ranked above some guys with pretty solid committments and offer lists: http://arizonahotspot.wordpress.com/tag/paul-watson/

Also, one thing that can’t be overlooked is that he and Price had their visits on the same weekend. Maybe if they hit it off two weeks it ago, it makes it more likely Price will commit, with or without Edwards – who this obviously might impact.  Although, the program needs some real size, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they wanted both.  Looking forward to doing more research on him soon.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Yeah, clearly like his dad he values an education, pretty cool list of schools to beat out his services for. SBum, so funny, as I checked both kempton and price twitter to see if they had any back and forth, but none thus far. I’d hope Reed & Co told him to work on getting Price to commit, but I guess that would only happen if Kempton and Price got along well….we know with certainty that Edwards is going to be told to pitch the idea of playing with Price at LU…man, I’d be pretty fired up if they got Price into this class…would have the makings of a solid solid class…

Senat update  – current list of schools in for his services – On the recruiting front Senat now claims offers from Fairfield, Drexel, St. Peter’s, Hartford, Sacred Heart, New Hampshire, Holy Cross, Elon, Radford, Colgate, American, and Lehigh….good list, but if we want him I don’t see why we can’t get him…JC should be able to assist in this as former metro boston teammate.

LUHoops00
    Participant

I’d actually prefer senat to edwards, but price/edwards combo over senat and X. U lands price/edwards and kempton, and then throw me in an athletic Ojo type 6’6 swing, and I’ll be a very happy man.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Geez, your lack of greed is admirable(lol). I’m guessing Tim will bulk up like his Dad into the 240 range. Senat would be great fit .

lehigh90
    Participant

There is not a lot out there on Kempton.  He played for the Arizona Magic Pump and Run AAU team, which has produced some players over the years (e.g. Jerryd Bayless).  I have attached his profile here.

http://arizonamagic.org/2012/Tim_Kempton.html

As far as highlight videos of him, I cannot find any.  All I have is a full game video of him playing for his AAU squad.  It is from a month ago.  It appears to be the full game (over 1 hour long).  I watched some of it, not all of it.  He wears #6 and plays the 5 in the video.  He is listed at 6’8″, 6’9″ or 6’10” depending on website.  I wouldn’t call him thin, but not really big either.  Doesn’t look 6’10”, probably more like the 6’8″.  He could definitely fill out.  Like his father, not blessed with a ton of athletic ability.  Frankly, he doesn’t show a lot in the video.  He is not a banger.  He can hit a 15 foot jumper (4:20 of video), and he does try to score off the dribble from the wing at times, but doesn’t finish.  He can handle the ball fairly well for his size.  Doesn’t really command the ball in the post, and when he does, the ball doesn’t get into him.  Not a good rebounder at this point in his development.  From this video, he looks like a project big man.  He looks more comfortable on the wing than in the paint.  He is going to have to develop a low post game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSztxYtyhDs

Positive that they are bringing in a big to replace Gabe, but not sure of his ability based on this limited video.

Viewing 7 posts - 136 through 142 (of 142 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.