2013 Recruiting Targets

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2013 Recruiting Targets

This topic contains 141 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  lehigh90 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Looks like Leo Edwards will be coming to Bethlehem on an official visit some time in September pre this tweet:

Leo Edwards ‏@Lions_N_Redwing

Official visit list. Lehigh,BGSU, then Tennessee State for the month of september

Edwards is a big man and I believe also an AAU teammate of Austin Price with The Family.

LUHoops00
    Participant

SBum – you are 100% correct. I think I might have written this somewhere in this 9 page thread of ours on 2013 recruiting targets, but, this is very important cause Leo and Austin are tight…really tight. They go to different high schools, but as you mentioned are teammates at the family. Now, they tweet to each other a lot, and I saw this one from Leo this past weekend when Austin was in Bethlehem, which I interpreted and read into as a potential positive…but I very much believe this could become a package deal….they’re that tight in my opinion…check this out:

Leo Edwards‏@Lions_N_Redwing

Hope my bro @ShotsUpPrice14 enjoying his self!! We got moves to make

Expand                                              Collapse                 

RetweetedRetweet
    Delete
    FavoritedFavorite

1 Retweet                       
    Austin Price

11:26 AM – 1 Sep 12                      · Details

Tweet text

Austin retweeted it, and this is great news that Leo has an official now.

Regarding Bucknell, give them credit, they got their guys signed, but if we get 2 of some of the guys were looking at, our class will rival theirs…this is a huge class in future of LU program….huge….need an impact player.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Not disapointed, but boy was I hoping to get a committment out of our first weekend with kids on officials…and seems were shutout still…keep grinding, that is only way to do business.

norcalfan
    Participant

I am a little disappointed LU has not signed yet. Yes, BU has signed their recruits. Makes sense given how well BU did last year, but LU did a great job last season.  Why can’t LU get the early commits?

LUHoops00
    Participant

Obviously there is no real way of knowing the answer norcal with regards to why we signed anyone yet, but if someone held a gun to my head and said give me the correct answer or your life ends here…I would go with that post-Duke we have been going after a higher tier player, ones that we probably felt in the past that we coudlnt get, but we have noticed that more and more rcruits are receptive to our story and engaged in LU hoops.I am going to be patient here, not worried yet. would love to have heard that price, thomas, outlaw and senat all signed, of course but plenty of time and recruits still left.

LUHoops00
    Participant

LU2012 welcome and keep coming back, goos intel, thanks.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Kempton name familiar to anyone? I just realized, probably last to do so, but his dad with the same name played in nba and at nd.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Kempton name is familiar and Kempton Sr. is still working in basketball as the radio analyst for the Suns.

Another target off the board as Spencer Weisz committed to Princeton yesterday.

norcalfan
    Participant

LUHoopsOO,

Thanks for the response. LU is as good as it gets, this team is deep. Your comment about Reed going after higher tier players makes sense. I fantasize about LU or even BU getting Aaron Gordon. The kid is a beast out of Mitty. You put him  on any team and it’s double digit wins every night. The kid has a motor. He is much much better than the older Drew Gordon, his brother who played with Andoh and Adams. Well, one can dream:). Jabari Bird is another, just signed with CAL. I am more familiar with this coast guys.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Tyrone Outlaw committed to UNC-Greensboro today on his visit. Bummer.

norcalfan
    Participant

That’s not great for us. UNC are our friends right?  At least they were last year. There is still time for LU to land more quality recruits. Will LU ever get another CJ?

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Tucker Haymond to Western Michigan.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Good work SBum, I also saw Outlaw news, I guess not totally surprising. Leo Edwards upcoming visit is huge, talk about pivotal trip, he is here while Price is in Iowa…so if Edwards doesn’t dig his trip he tells Price and Price feels better about committing to Iowa…if Edwards falls in love, perhaps we have a nice packaged deal from The Family joining Our LU Family…

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Marcus Foster to Kansas State.

I would LOVE an Edwards/Price package deal.  I assume there is another wave of visits coming to Bethlehem this weekend for the Princeton game.  Hopefully some details come out this week.  Is anyone planning on attending (and spying on whatever recruits are there)? LU2012?

WorcesterGray
    Participant

Tim Kempton verbals to Lehigh, per RecruitScoop.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 142 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.