2014-15 Schedule

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2014-15 Schedule

This topic contains 75 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  LUHoops00 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

Just spoke to Brett. You can bank on seeing Arizona State and De Paul on the schedule next year. Presently enjoying a good meal and fellowship with Tom Fallon, the Voice of Lehigh Basketball.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Hanging out with Tom Fallon eh? nice news , we needed some cupcakes on schedule :)

toddcudd
    Participant

Great stuff, 65! Thanks for the news!!

LU65
    Participant

As usual, home dates are slow in coming. But, what we do know, with a great deal of confidence, are the “return dates” per contract terms. Simply, in addition to Arizona State (P12 / KenPom 45th / 21-12) and DePaul (Big East / KenPom 198th / 12-21), we will take to the road this year to play at:

UMBC (AE / 326th / 9-21)
    Rider (MAAC / 211th / 14-17)
    LIU Brooklyn (NEC / 320th / 9-20)
    Quinnipiac (NEC / 145th / 20-12)

At 14-18, we earned a KenPom ranking of 256 last season.

toddcudd
    Participant

Hey 65 – KenPom does conference ratings too, right? If so, can you tell us where the PL ended up?

LU65
    Participant

Todd –

Here are the numbers:

MAAC 13th
    PL 21st
    NE 24th
    AE 28th

toddcudd
    Participant

Thanks!! I think that’s a decent-sized drop. If I remember correctly, I saw something early in the season that had us in the mid- to high-teens.

TMH
    Participant

You can tell that this team is young. Coach tends to schedule games in the home area of our players but not typically for rising sophomores. I hope Tim Kempton brings a nice crowd to the Arizona St. game and Miles Simelton does the same in Chicago. I wonder if we can read anything into who the starting point guard will be at the beginning of the season.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Compiling the current information, we are starting to put a bit of the schedule together:

Opener at PPL Center vs “name” opponent
    11/26 @ DePaul
    12/20 @ Arizona State
    @ UMBC
    @ Rider
    @ LIU
    @ Quinnipiac

There were 13 OOC games on the slate this past season, but that included a pre-season tournament. It doesn’t appear we are playing on one this season, which I think drops the number of possible OOC games to 11 (of which we know 6.5).

LU65
    Participant

Perhaps not what you want to hear, but……

we can probably add – with a great amount of certainty – SFU @ Stabler in the upcoming season. Since the series began back in the 2007/08, we have welcomed the Red Flash to Stabler on just three occasions while traveling west to Loratto (PA) four times. You gotta think it our turn to play host and hopefully close-out what I’m assuming is an 8 year (4 home/4 away) run.

SFU, out of the NEC, finished 10-21 last season earning an end of year KenPom ranking of 306.

LU65
    Participant

Apparently we’re not the only PL school to recognize the importance of sending its players “home” during the Out of Conference (OOC) portion of the basketball season. Doug Haller of the The Arizona Republic has reported that Colgate – with its local product, 6’4” Sr. Guard, Luke Roh out of Scottsdale, AZ – will also take on the Sun Devils of Arizona State this year. CU’s game is scheduled to take place on Saturday, November 29th – three weeks to the day prior to our matchup on Dec. 20th.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

:)I’m looking forward to games in Canada,Greece and England. Perhaps a European tour. Cool:)

brookln231
    Participant

I just read on a penn state blog that they have a game at the PPL center on 12/22. Any way that games against Lehigh?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Just saw that on Pard board. They’re hoping game is theirs :).Hoops 65 or bum may know. bum noted that we are at Ariz St on 12/ 20. PSU on 22nd?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by RichH RichH.

LU65
    Participant

I’m delighted to forecast – with a fair amount of certainty – the return of Columbia University to our schedule. Better yet, this year’s matchup should take place at Stabler!

We last faced the Ivy League Lions on December 3, 2009 and, like nearly every game in the long running series, it was a tightly contested affair. With any luck, this marks the start of a new program which will see the Mountain Hawks take their game to Manhattan in alternating years. For those of you who have attended games played at their cozy – you’re sitting on top of the action – Levien Gymnasium, you know what I mean.

Columbia comes off a 21-13 campaign in 2013-14and a KenPom ranking of 123.

So, here’s how the OOC Schedule looks at present. We are told there are efforts underway to book one or two additional games at Stabler. Two would be the maximum number allowed under the 29 game cap.

Opener at PPL Center vs “name” opponent *
    11/26 @ DePaul
    12/20 @ Arizona State
    @ UMBC
    @ Rider
    @ LIU
    @ Quinnipiac
    Home to Columbia
    Home to SFU

*In what’s got to be the worse kept secret or perhaps most talked about “wish” (you be the judge), we should see the Wildcats of Villanova take to the Allentown PPL Center floor in this early season matchup. Hey, why not make it on “Day One” of the season, i.e., Friday, November 14th!? How great would that be! Remember, our football team welcomes the Raiders of Colgate to Goodman on Saturday, November 15th. Talk about a nice Fall weekend of LU Sports.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.