2014 Recruiting Targets

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2014 Recruiting Targets

This topic contains 231 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by StablerBum StablerBum 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 232 total)
  • Author
    StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Not sure how I missed this, but here is a tidbit from back in April:

An interesting 2014 prospect is Henry Bolton out of St. Andrew’s (RI), who can score in a number of different ways by using his strength, shooting and getting to the basket. He must, however, work on his shot selection and make better decisions in not forcing certain shots at times. Rhode Island, Boston, Wagner, Colgate and Lehigh have offered Bolton, thus far, with Florida International, Rutgers and Virginia interested. The 6-foot-1 guard admits he is being tracked the hardest by Wagner, but is in no hurry to make up his mind.

No idea where things stand currently.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Kahron Ross G official visit 10/4-6

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Summary on Ross’s recruitment after a good summer showing playing against some very highly regarded guards – http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2013/jul/26/ross-showing-could-add-offer-list/

Sounds like a player but not a tremendously impressive offer list and not exactly a position of need…

Saw some tweets by talent evaluators saying “nobody plays harder” which is great to hear.

TMH
    Participant

I think Ross nailed it with his last sentence. His height is holding him back. I seem to remember another PG with the same problem…from Ohio I think :-)

I think that unless someone significant comes along with height, Reed is set on replenishing the 4 guards he is going to lose over the next 2 years. He seems to be looking at the bigs in the 2015 class.

LUHoops00
    Participant

TMH – I think you are reading the tea leaves well, 14 is two guards or at least that appears to be the plan and 15 is a bigs year.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Paul Jorgenson on campus today for an unofficial.

Alex Kline‏@TheRecruitScoop31m
    Lehigh has 2014 PG Paul Jorgenson of Don Bosco (NJ) on campus unofficially today, per his coach.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

per his tweet

Dareese Lawrence PG offered by LU yesterday

TMH
    Participant

In addition to Jorgenson as noted above, Lehigh will be hosting Tarin Smith (2014) and Isaiah Still and Karl Charles (both 2015)

Tarin Smith 6-0 PG (St. Anthony’s)
    http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/tarin-smith

Isaiah Still (Roselle Catholic) 6-5
    http://highschoolsports.nj.com/player/isaiah-still/boysbasketball/season/boysbasketball-2012/

Karl Charles 6-5 Rutgers Prep
    http://highschoolsports.nj.com/player/karl-charles/

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Per twitter Mike Daum final list

LU,IdahoSt, No.Colorado,N.Dak and So.Dak.St

LUHoops00
    Participant
    StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Nice to see Lehigh in Daum’s final 5. Those other 4 are some other random prarie schools.

Eric Anderson who we offered has committed to Yale.

Lance Tejada picked East Carolina and it does not appear LU was a legitimate candidate.

I think that Dareese Lawrence kid is full of it. There is no info on the internet and no one gets offered via letter these days. Not to mention he is covering the return address which I assume is admissions and not the athletic department.

Jevon Carter went to West Virginia and apparently had a good visit. Coming to Bethlehem on Sep 13th.

Jorgenson is interesting as I have seen his name associated with a lot of solid east coast mid majors, but never Lehigh, and then he ends up on campus last week. Another guard but looks like a very solid mid major scorer and a three star prospect.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Reports earlier today were that Jevon Carter committed to WVU but now reports are saying this isn’t true. Will be interesting to see how this plays out!

TMH
    Participant

Robert Cartwright commits to Stanford
    Reid Travis removes Lehigh from consideration

Both were considered reaches but unless you try…one never knows.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

Not sure if this was already posted. Jorgensen committed to GW.

TMH
    Participant

Peyton Aldridge commited to Davidson.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.