2014 Recruiting Targets

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2014 Recruiting Targets

This topic contains 231 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by StablerBum StablerBum 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 232 total)
  • Author
    StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Looks like Jevon Carter has decided on West Virginia after all. He was scheduled to take his official visit to Lehigh this weekend. Not sure if it would have mattered if we got him on campus. It’s hard no matter what to beat the BCS schools, but Carter has also repeatedly mentioned the fan support of West Virginia as one of the areas that drew him. Clearly that is an area in which Lehigh can’t compete with WVU.

It will be interesting to see if this creates a domino effect with some of the other point guards we have been linked to now that Carter is off the board.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Twitter LU visit to Keith Pinckney 6’1 G (Ga) ***

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Oliver Tot 6’6 PG Kimball Free Acad Offered

LUHoops00
    Participant

Daum committed to South Dakota state. What, if any, bigs are still on the radar or should we just come to the forgone conclusion that the secon spot for 14 is goin to be a guard. Speaking or guards, Tot enrolled at JC prep school KUA.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

The only two bigs I have left on my list that Lehigh has offered and are uncommitted are Sean O’Mara and Reid Travis. Both of them are going high major and Travis (if not both) has already knocked out us out of the running.

My assumption is that we have offered other bigs at this point, but the offers just haven’t been publicized. Other bigs still available that we have been linked to include Travin Thibodeaux, Nate Gehring, Paul Friendshuh (visited LU unofficially), Seth Bonifas, Ngor Barnaba, and a few others. Just say the word at anytime and I can post my full updated list.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Word! I think an updated list would be good, and Gehring has been radio silent since Pepperdine visit, not sure where he is in process.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Bobby Ahearn, 6’6 PF, MA, unofficial visit in August of 2012, committed to Binghampton
    Peyton Aldridge, 6’7 F, OH – OFFER, committed to Davidson
    Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rakhman, 6’4 G, PA – OFFER
    Jake Allsmiller, 6’5 G, TN, high major offers
    Eric Anderson, 6’6 F, PA OFFER, committed to Yale
    Nick Babb, 6’4 G, TX – OFFER, committed to Arkansas
    Ryan Badowski, 6’3 G, OH, committed to Longwood
    Geoff Beans, 6’7 F, OH, committed to Furman
    Shemar Bennet, 6’0 G, IL – OFFER, visit June 2013
    Henry Bolton, 6’1 G, RI – OFFER
    Alec Brennan, 6’8 F, MA, high major offers
    Ngor Barnaba, 6’9 F, MN
    Braxton Bonds, 6’1 G, TN
    Seth Bonifas, 6’9 C, IA
    Jermaine Brown, 6’7 F, OH
    Chase Carlton, 6’1 G, TX
    Robert Cartwright, 6’2 G, CA – OFFER, high major offers, committed to Stanford
    Malik Clements, 6’0 PG, WI
    Brett Cannon, 6’1 G, TX, unofficial visit to Lehigh in March
    Jevon Carter, 6’2 G, IL – OFFER, lists three favorites of Lehigh, LaSalle, and West Virginia in August ‘13. LU visit scheduled for Sep 13, committed to WVU
    Ty Charles, 6’4 G, TX – OFFER, not in final 7
    Sean Clarey, 6’3 G, WI, unofficial visit to Lehigh in August 2012
    David Crisp, 5’11 G, WA
    Christen “Chris” Cunningham, 5’11 G, KY
    Clayton Custer, 6’0 G, KS, high major offers
    Mike Daum, 6’9 F, NE, Lehigh in final 5, committed to South Dakota State
    C.J. Davis, 6’0 G, NY, OFFER, Lehigh in final 7
    D.J. Davis, 6’3 G, MN
    Dejon Davis, 6’2 G, MN
    Gabe Devoe, 6’3 G, NC – OFFER – committed to Clemson
    Brady Ellingson, 6’3 G, WI
    Vincent Eze, 6’8 F, PA
    Perry Fairrow, 6’1 G, IN
    Shea Feehan, 6’0 G ,IL
    Kedrick Flomo, 6’0 PG, NC, committed to App State
    Paul Friendshuh, 6’9 F, MN, unofficial visit
    Nate Gehring, 6’10 C, IA (from Gabe Knutson’s high school)
    Chaz Glotta, 6’1 G, CO, committed to Southern Illinois
    Kyle Haber, 6’7 G, IA, visit in June ‘13
    Omega Harris, 6’2 G, OK, high major offers
    Byron Hawkins, 6’1 G, MD , committed to Towson
    Lindsey Hunter IV, 6’0 G, MI
    Nick King, 6’6 F, IN
    Jafar Kinsey, 6’1 G, NY – committed to Robert Morris
    Riley LaChance, 6’1 G, WI
    George Langberg, 6’5 G, NJ
    Mike LeBlanc, 6’6 F, NH – committed to Princeton
    Eric James, 6’4 G, OH
    Tyler Jenkins, 6’1 G IN, unofficial visit on 7/31/13, COMMITTED TO LEHIGH on 8/2/13
    Jacob Johnson, 6’6 F, IN
    Torry Johnson, 6’2 G, IL – OFFER
    Paul Jorgenson, 6’2 G, NJ, unofficial visit on 8/27/13
    J.P. Macura, 6’4 G, MN, committed to Xavier
    Nate Mason, 5’11 G, GA – OFFER, unofficial visit 6/29/13, said favorites stand at Murray State, UVA, Lehigh, Kansas State, Memphis, Harvard & Minnesota in August ‘13
    Jason Massey, 6’3 G, FL – committed to Brown
    Bryan McIntosh, 6’4 G, IN – numerous high major offers, committed to Northwestern
    Quincy McKnight, 6’3 G, CT
    Carson Meier, 6’7 F, OK
    Roderick Mills, 6’6 F, OH, unofficial visit in June ‘13 – committed to Miami (OH)
    Sammy Mojica, 6’4 G,
    Cheddi Mosely, 6’1 G, NJ, unofficial visit on 6/26/13 – committed to BU
    Daniel Norl, 6’2 G, TN
    Sean O’Mara, 6’9 C, IL – OFFER, numerous high major offers, unofficial visit
    Anthony Pate, 6’3 G, Canada – OFFER
    Taylor Persons, 6’0 PG, IN
    Keith Pinkney, 6’1 G, GA – OFFER
    C.J. Rivers, 6’1 G, IL – committed to Drake
    Kendall Rollins, 6’6 F, IN
    Kahron Ross, 5’10 PG, AR – OFFER, LU official visit set for October 4-6
    Casey Schlatter, 6’9 F, IA – committed to Drake
    Jerome Segura, 5’10 PG, TX – OFFER, Mackey’s high school?
    Sean Sellers, 6’5 F, IN, committed to Ball State
    Jordan Shea, 6’5 G, WI
    Keenan Simmons, 6’5 F MI, committed to SIU Edwardsville
    Gavin Skelly, 6’8 C, OH – committed to Northwestern
    Jeff Spellman, 6’1 G, MA
    Delshon Strickland, 6’4 G, MN – OFFER, also offer from Hampton
    B.J. Taylor, 6’1 G, FL – OFFER
    Lance Tejada, 6’1 G, FL – OFFER, LU not among final 7, committed to East Carolina
    Jalen Terry, 6’6 F, CT
    Travin Thibodeaux, 6’8 F, LA
    Oliver Tot, 6’6 G, Slovakia (KUA) – OFFER
    Reid Travis, 6’7 F, MN – OFFER, numerous high major offers, not in final 7
    Gabriel Vincent, 6’2 G, CA – OFFER, committed UCSB
    Cam Ward, 6’2 G, WI
    Shemar Waugh, 5’9 G, OH
    Tyler Williams, 6’2 G, OH, unofficial visit June ‘13, committed to Brown
    Wyatt Vorhees, 6’0 G, KN – OFFER
    Nylan Yancy, 6’2 G, TX

LUHoops00
    Participant

Thanks SBum – friendshuh has a pretty good offer list but still uncommitted, going to denver for a visit this coming weekend. Per verbal commits we have yet to offer so would appear if we interested we have lots of ground to make up.

SBum – where do you stand on guard priorities, meaning who you think are the staffs wish list of unsigned guards?

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

SBum – where do you stand on guard priorities, meaning who you think are the staffs wish list of unsigned guards?

Just judging by internet chatter and trying to read between the digital lines:

Keith Pinckney – received a Lehigh offer in April and the staff was at his open gym last week (any maybe this morning again). Three star + prospect with a bunch of high major offers. Pinckney has repetedly included LU in lists of those schools recruiting him. Unclear how Pinckney feels about LU but LU definitely seems to still be very interested. Has not visited Bethlehem to my knowledge.

Nate Mason – Lehigh offered in April/May and Mason visited LU unofficially in June. Blew up a bit over the summer and now has a bunch of BCS offers. Listed Lehigh in top 7 in August with Harvard, Minn, UVa, Memphis, Kansas State, and Murray State. Three star guy. If he hasn’t knocked Lehigh out of the running, I assume we are still very interested.

C.J. Davis – Lehigh among final 7 with Stanford, Columbia, Boston University, Miami, Seton Hall and Davidson. Visited unofficially in August. Probably considered a 2 star + guy and a lot of his high major interest was earlier in his high school career.

Oliver Tot – If we offered him last week on the spot, I assume that means that we are very interested. Kid is super athletic on tape and would bring some very interesting size to our backcourt.

Kahron Ross – Lehigh offered way back in September of 2012. Had a pretty big summer and has some solid mid major offers and high major interest. 2/3 star guy and scheduled for an official visit on October 4-6.

Henry Bolton – Not a lot out there but Bolton has listed Lehigh as having offered as recently as August. Has some other solid mid major offers.

There are dozens of other guards we have been linked to, but the above are guys where at least one party seems to have strong interest. Part of that is probably due to the fact that they are better players and are covered more closely.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Gehring to Pepperdine and Wilbekin to Tulsa. Alec Brennan to Princeton.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Friendshuh to Richmond

LUHoops00
    Participant

Yeah I saw Friendshuh to Richmond Sbum, good find bud. So I think it is all but a guarantee that with our 2nd spot we’re going guard, and per all 15 offers that class is seemingly being built on bigs. The big risk in that strategy is that we have 5 forwards on the team for this year and next year, and 3 haven’t played a single second in a D1 game. That alone would make me as a coach feel the need to bring in a big for next year, unless JC TK SW have all shown they are going to be players. We know what CB is at this point, and JG we know has big upside but no way of knowing if it gets realized or not. So one injury to one of the 4 guys not named CB and you’re looking at playing short handed up front at some point in the next two years, like last year, and that wasn’t fun at all. If JC and TK are all league type players, obviously that changes a lot, but is that putting the cart before the horse in terms of roster buildout strategy?

LUHoops00
    Participant

I don’t have any inside scoop but my hunch is we won’t get mason or pinckney as they have some bigger offers and if I read tea leaves correctly I am guessing staff has Ross at top of their list and will see what comes of his visit. In my opinion Ross would be a good get. Of course we could debate whether we need another 1 but I like what I see on video – he can push tempo, get to the rim, and jumper seems good…like intangibles – all coaches say he is a gym rat and listens and wants toget better. Also, in big games against high ranked guards he did more then hold his own.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

I think you are pretty spot on Hoops. The lack of chatter about Pinckney or Mason coming for an official probably isn’t a good thing. The only caveats I would add are the interest in C.J. Davis and Oliver Tot. Tough to gauge how interested we are in Davis, but a NY-area recruiting person recently tweeted that Columbia and Lehigh were two of the leading options for Davis.

As for Tot, I don’t know why we would have offered this late in the game if we weren’t ready to take him. That can’t be a “wait and see” offer at this point.

TMH
    Participant

Delshon Strickland has narrowed his list and Lehigh is no longer under consideration.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.