2014 Recruiting Targets

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2014 Recruiting Targets

This topic contains 231 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by StablerBum StablerBum 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 232 total)
  • Author
    StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

New name, Shea Feehan.

Feehan listed Yale, Nebraska-Omaha, South Dakota State, Lehigh and Kennesaw State as the Division I schools that have expressed interest in him.

Slightly built at 6-foot, 150 pounds, Feehan is well aware he needs to get stronger to play at the next level. He’s focused on that this summer along with improving his overall game.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

TMH
    Participant

Another day…another point guard.

Kahron Ross 3 star

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/kahron-ross

LUHoops00
    Participant

Man it has been pretty surreal to watch every recruit we are linked to be a guard!!! I mean if you don’t actively go and try to sign a big you won’t!

I don’t know where this “must find a guard” mentality has come from. Not saying we can’t use a guard, but it isn’t like that is the priority or sole focus. I would have expected to see more balance as we have a lot of new bigs and while I hope they work out until we see Kempton, Whitfield, Chuku in game action it has to be assumed that front court is at the least equal priority to backcourt.

van
    van
    Participant

One interpretation of the guard frenzy might be that the current bigs have a lot of upside in coach’s view. Hope that is correct.

TMH
    Participant

LUHoops,
    Here is my theory. Coach Reed feels the most comfortable with the proverbial “small” lineup of a PG, 2 Wings and 2 FW. Last year, it was almost by default but even in ’11-’12, he rarely used 3 bigs in the front court at the same time. Therefore, his ideal squad would be about 8 back court players and 5 front court players. Next season we will have TK, TG, CB, SW and JC. That satisfies his needs for next year. The following season we lose no one and gain JRG who I still see as a F rather than a G. We lose 2 guards and will only have 2 true PGs on the roster, CS (who will only be around 1 more year) and MS. I think he would like 1 more PG on the roster so that when CS leaves, there will be an experienced PG on the floor at all times.
    BTW, I going on the premise that there are only 2 schollies, at most available this year. The other one will go to the best available athlete. Just my opinion.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

On my unofficial tracking list, I believe there are 12 guys we are recruiting in 2014 who are 6’7 or taller. That said, here is another new name and another gaurd:

Jamie Shaw‏@JamieShaw59 May
    @dnorl_13 6’2 G Daniel Norl #NashvilleCeltics Sweet shooting G says Belmont TennTech Lehigh MiaOh UT-Martin are recruiting hardest #GetLooks

LUHoops00
    Participant

Potential new name in G/F Jalen Terry, article and video below. Playing AAU for Westchester Hawks this summer.

http://nehoopnews.com/news/2143/Jalen-Terrys-hoping-journey-from-Alaska-to-Connecticut-pays-off.php

video

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Terry definitely looks like a player. Won’t be surprised if he ends up at the mid-major + or high major level. Another new name today via twitter:

Mike Dyer‏@MikeDyer18h
    Lehigh showing interest in St. Xavier 2014 forward Rod Mills, says St. X basketball coach Scott Martin #enqr

Verbalcommits page – http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/roderick-mills

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Looks like Shemar Bennett – http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/shemar-bennett – will be on campus some time this week per his tweet below:

#R.I.PBRO‏@Original_SB 13 Jun
    Lehigh visit next week Tennessee tech August

TMH
    Participant

Tejada has cut his list down to 7 schools and Lehigh is not on it. Interest downgraded to low.

TMH
    Participant

Josh Sharma, the 6-11 center that we have offered is apparently in the Class of 2015. Some big competition there already.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/josh-sharma

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Cheddi Mosely is on campus today for an unofficial visit per Alex Kline.

Also, a new name – Tyler Williams – will be visiting this weekend. Not a whole lot out there on him, but I believe he is from Monty Boykins (2013 target who ended up at Lafayette) high school. He has offers from Miami of Ohio, Kennesaw St, and Bucknell (tho Bucknell is probably off the table after their two recent backcourt commits). He apparently is coming to Bethlehem after a visit to Brown. And yes, he is another guard – http://tripledoubleprospects.com/2011/08/26/tyler-williams/.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

“Terry definitely looks like a player. Won’t be surprised if he ends up at the mid-major + or high major level. “

Yes, he does look like a player and can definitely jump – but he had exactly zero offers through his senior year in H.S. despite a large amount of marketing. Did not make Alaska POY.

Having reclassified to 2014 and moved to a CT prep school, he may pick up a few offers but I doubt they will be high level ones. Will be interesting to see.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

New name via twitter, Byron Hawkins:
    David Schneider‏@BigShotsSkills24 Jun
    Lehigh and Northeastern has shown interest in Byron Hawkins 2014 6’1 G Vermont Academy (VT) (DC Assault).

VerbalCommits however, lists Hawkins as a 2015.

And Tyler Williams tweeted the following after his vists to Brown and Lehigh:
    Tyler Williams‏@Tywilliams1522h
    Finally on my way home to Cincinnati! Had a great visit at Brown and then Lehigh.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by StablerBum StablerBum.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.