2014 Recruiting Targets

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2014 Recruiting Targets

This topic contains 231 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by StablerBum StablerBum 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 232 total)
  • Author
    StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Appears we are still on the hunt for a point guard in the class of 2014 as we offered Tyler Jenkins this weekend. Here is one write up from before the offer:

25. Tyler Jenkins: 6’2” Shooting Guard, Hamilton Southeastern H.S.

Offers: St. Joseph’s (PA)

Interest: Wake Forest, Davidson, Pennsylvania, Yale, Virginia, Columbia, Northwestern, Ball State, Georgia State, Cornell, Dartmouth

Jenkins is a very good athlete with some explosiveness when attacking the rim off the dribble. He is a good scorer with a nice pull-up jumper from mid range. I would like to see him become a more consistent outside shooter and work on his shot selection, I saw him force some things at times this summer. Overall, he is a spark plug type of player who can really fill it up.

And a tweet by the man himself:
    Tyler Jenkins ‏@iBJenks14h
    Just got an offer from Lehigh University!

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

It also appears we offered another guard, Wyatt Vorhees this weekend.

Here is a write up that is over a year old but mentions Lehigh interest. http://future150.com/hs/basketball-news/wyatt-voorhes-looking-to-burst-onto-the-national-scene

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Just saw his tweet this AM confirming Offer. So many PGs. Is that usual?

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

I don’t think it is unusual. I’ve said it before, and I believe others agreed, but I really don’t think Austin Price is a point guard at all. And Cole, as much as we love him, is a walk-on which are usually not factored in to roster composition.

That leaves the staff with Mackey, Corey, and Miles. Mackey is gone after this year, so if we get a PG in 2014 there would be 3 PG’s his freshman year, and then Corey would graduate. So I don’t think it is odd that we are recruiting a PG this year.

And as for the number of offers out there, it is just really hard to know how many of them are still open and active. Some of the PG’s we are recruiting have gotten high major offers, and although we “offered” them they may have never been truly interested. So they are off the table. Other guys may not have been able to get the test scores they need, so are also not options. There is just no way to know. However, if we extended two new offers to PG’s this weekend, it appears that it is still pretty wide open. My guess is that we get a commit from one PG, and pull the offers of all the rest (I’m speaking of pure point guards, not combo guys or shooters).

TMH
    Participant

I agree 100% SB. Going under the assumption that we are maxed out this year…not absolutely certain, I think we only have 2 to give in 2014. IMHO, one will be a PG for all the reasons you mention. The other won’t be. Just a hunch.

LUHoops00
    Participant

I dont disagree that we could use a pg but perhaps another wing is as important. Next year you’ll have DC JRG and AP as non forward / non pg players. DC, when healthy didn’t see the floor and coming off a major surgery. JRG, sits this year out after not doing much at lipscomb. AP, who most are high on a myself included hasn’t played a second of ball yet.

I suppose entire frontcourt this year is back again next year, but I would hope we don’t shy away from offering more bigs because we have all unknowns right now.

Lets hope we get an assistant in here ASAP for Pete sake and get going on class of 14!

LUHoops00
    Participant

Forgot SC, my bad, tired!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Just saw on twitter.Is he new?

Gabriel Vincent SG 6’2 180 ** Calif

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Yep, Vincent is a new name. Here is his verbalcommits profile – http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/gabe-vincent.

He also has 3 stars from Scout despite only showing mid-major offers at the moment.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Anthony Pate who is being recruited by a slew of mid majors also has a Lehigh offer according to twitter:

Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10 16h
    2014 Anthony Pate tells me he has offers from Holy Cross, Lehigh, UNCG, St. Bona’s, Duquesne, Yale, BU, Bucknell, NJIT, UMBC, and FIU

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/anthony-pate

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Peyton Aldridge 6’7″ Oh *** ofer per twitter

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Aldrige is a player. Here is a clip of back to back tip dunks at a recent AAU tournament – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFYw3ZMfoFg&feature=youtu.be.

I’d be surprised if he ended up in the Patriot League however, as he has offers from BC and Richmond, as well as strong interest from Northwestern and Stanford.

Here is a short update on Tyler Jenkins from a local paper that makes it sound as though we are still very much in the mix:
    Hamilton Southeastern rising senior guard Tyler Jenkins has picked up an offer from Boston University. Lehigh is also heavily involved with Jenkins, who also has offers from St. Joseph’s and Gardner-Webb, although the latter is going through a coaching change. Brown, Florida Atlantic and James Madison are also involved. (http://www.indystar.com/article/20130716/SPORTS02/307160060/Recruiting-Central-Mack-Mercer-C-J-Coleman-Bryant-McIntosh-pick-up-new-offers)

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

per tweet Eric Anderson PF NJ O from us and Penn

TMH
    Participant

I don’t remember seeing this name before

Mike LeBlanc SF 6-6, 186 New Hampton Prep Offer

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/mike-leblanc–2

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Are we done with Gs? Seems we are moving more on frontline players now. Must say Bball recruiting much more open than Fball but quite confusing. Altho neither quite like the wild wild west of lax recruiting.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.