2015 Commits Sr Seasons

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2015 Commits Sr Seasons

This topic contains 62 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  TMH 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

Ahhh… I think Caleb has the possibility of being a real weapon but coming from a program the size of Pulaski, I suspect that it may take a year or two to acclimate himself to the college game. There is a huge difference between being 6-11 in a league of 6-4 centers and even the Patriot League. I may be wrong. In fact, I welcome it but I see CS stepping in for Tim when he graduates.

toddcudd
    Participant

If CS2 can even spell TK for a few shifts next year, that’s a bonus in my book.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

A couple of days old but Holba was named a state-wide player of the week after a week that included a monster game:

Guerin Catholic senior Matt Holba was one of six players recognized by the IBCA Player of the Week program.

Holba, 6-6 Lehigh recruit, had 38 points, 12 rebounds and two blocked shots in a 63-46 win over Heritage Christian. He was just two off Jordan Rapp’s record of 40 points set in 2010. He 15-for-21 from the field and 4-for-5 from the 3-point line.

van
    van
    Participant

maybe Holba becomes the wing we need, that’s the one piece keeping this group from being a PL champ, IMHO

TMH
    Participant

It will be interesting to see if Doc goes with a bigger lineup next year. He is reputed to be a big leaper. At 6-6, the same size as CB, does he rotate with the frontcourt or the backcourt. He could be a matchup problem at the wing, with TK and JG in the lineup. It will also be intriguing to see what impact KL makes next year and how that impacts AP’s minutes as well as MS and BA.

van
    van
    Participant

if BA cannot find his game soon, his minutes are dropping fast

van
    van
    Participant

sounds like he has an outside game and can defend?

lehigh90
    Participant

I missed this video the first time around. Pretty impressive to see a 7th grader dunk. I’ve seen a ton of youth basketball the last few years, but have never seen a non-high schooler dunk in a game. I watched an 8th grade game the other night and opposing team went 6’5″, 6’4″ and 6’4″ across the front line. They weren’t that great, but none of them were playing above the rim.

TMH
    Participant

lehigh90, You made me rewatch the video now :-). I just noticed that MH has only grown 2 inches since 7th grade. Imagine if he had one last growth spurt left in him .

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Caleb Sedore’s Pulaski team’s season is now over. They lost last night in the “Class C Sectional Quaterfinals” to finish with a 16-5 record.

On the plus side, Caleb posted an Instagram video of himself with a pretty athletic (almost?) dunk for a guy his size – https://instagram.com/p/ziKlH0EVaN/. He looks pretty smooth and bouncy for a PL big, but obviously needs to add some muscle. I still don’t like the fact that there isn’t a big man in this year’s freshman class and I hope Caleb is ready to contribute as a soph after JC and JG graduate.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Matt Holba and Guerin Catholic won a sectional game last night. Matt finished with 18/10 for his 15th double double on the year.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/03/03/boys-sectionals-tate-leads-ben-davis-past-northwest/24354809/

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Short feature on Holba in the Indianapolis Star – http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/03/18/guerins-matt-holba-turning-opponents-outside/24963381/.

Next playoff game is this Saturday which I believe is the state semifinals for the 3A class (second largest of four classifications).

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by StablerBum StablerBum.

TMH
    Participant

Nice article. I wonder he is projected to fit in the Lehigh system. Does he become part of a 4 man rotation at FW or part of a 6 man rotation at wing?

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

On Holba, I expect him to play nominally at the “4” more than the 3, but be more perimeter oriented on offense a la Holden. Really like the versatility though, and if Holba can handle the ball and guard opposing wings he can be a guy that allows us to play very big versus major conference teams while at the 3 or very long and athletic vs PL teams while at the 4. Not too much tape of him putting the ball on the floor, so I’m going to assume that is an area of his game he will need to develop, although that is just a guess.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Very very high praise of Leufroy in this scout.com article – http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1526996-roundtable-slingshots-ready.

Selected by recruiting experts as one of four players nationally that is a huge steal at the mid major level. Excerpt:

Josh Gershon: I think that Lehigh got an absolute steal in Kyle Leufroy, a 6-foot-2, 195-pound point guard from Napa (Calif.) Prolific Prep. West Coast schools were slow to show Leufroy much interest, and Lehigh came in and got a player who absolutely could help a high-major program.

Leufroy has good size, long arms and is very versatile, with the ability to play and defend both guard spots, although ultimately you like him more on the ball, especially offensively. He passes the ball really well, is unselfish, has a high basketball IQ, has significantly improved his handle, can get to the basket, hit midrange jumpers or knock down the open three.

Leufroy has elevated his game and stock as a prospect and should be a big performer at Lehigh.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.