2015 Commits Sr Seasons

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2015 Commits Sr Seasons

This topic contains 62 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  TMH 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author

toddcudd
    Participant

Wow – more very encouraging news! Nice find, SBum!!

lehigh90
    Participant

This is going to be very interesting next season. I can’t see any possible way that Leufroy plays “on the ball” next season, with KR in place, not to mention MS as his backup. KR could easily be a 3 time All PL point guard (competition from Lindner). I have to think Leufroy is going to have to move over to the wing, although he lacks the length. Going to be a real logjam in the backcourt next season or two. Interesting to see if anybody can push AP for minutes. Have to think he is entrenched as a starter on the wing.

As stated above, I agree that Holba is going to be the Holden Greiner replacement that we have been looking for since HG left. A Swiss Army knife type player. We hoped we were getting that from Shane Whitfield, but didn’t happen.

Sedore looks to be a major project. I doubt he sees the floor too much, if at all. But, you can’t coach height. Hopefully, he can get into a frontcourt rotation. Big guy like that just needs to learn how not to hurt you on the floor. Rebound, take up space, set screens, defend, contest, and catch inside when a chippy presents. Also, learn to control the body and keep from fouling.

lehigh90
    Participant

Forgot to add, Sedore doesn’t look anywhere near 6’11” in that video. Is this guy’s length legit?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Perhaps not. Maybe a very tall 6’9 :)

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Don’t know about 6’11 but he’s pretty long:

He’s farthest down the line in the second photo. He’s got to be at least 8 inches taller than anyone else on his team, although I agree that their average height looks about 5’1 on that squad. My guess is he is a long armed 6’9 or so, which is plenty big for the PL especially if he can move the way it appears he can. He’s also still 17 I believe.

toddcudd
    Participant

KR at 1 and TK at 5, obviously, next year. I think JG is solid at 4. Beyond that, probably pretty muddy. My guess would be AP and Holba at 2 and 3 (yes – 3, damnit!). Lots of MS at 1 and 2, AP some time at 3, while Leufroy gets some 2. JG moves to 5 sometimes, while JC takes the 4 spot. If needed, Holba plays some 4. My best guess…

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

KR at 1 and TK at 5, obviously, next year. I think JG is solid at 4. Beyond that, probably pretty muddy. My guess would be AP and Holba at 2 and 3 (yes – 3, damnit!). Lots of MS at 1 and 2, AP some time at 3, while Leufroy gets some 2. JG moves to 5 sometimes, while JC takes the 4 spot. If needed, Holba plays some 4. My best guess…

Nothing at all for Alston?

I think there are probably 4 starting spots pretty well locked up. KR, AP, JG, and TK will all likely start again next season, at least to begin the year. I see JC staying in his role as the first big off the bench. That leaves one spot on the wing and likely a battle between MS (size could be an issue starting with KR), BA, MH, and KL. Depending on Jenkins development does MS move off the ball full time? Does JRG crack the rotation?

Todd, what’s the reason for being so adamant that MH plays the 3?

toddcudd
    Participant

Honestly, it’s just my unhealthy obsession with playing 2 forwards with TK. Less about MH – more about playing a true 3. It’s just my feeling that playing with a true SF, rather than another 2, could be a big deal. A guy who can shoot, slash, and post up a mismatch is exciting to me. And I also obsess about rebounds, particularly on O. A true 3 feels like a chance to get some put-backs on the weak side – which we so rarely get now.
    I shouldn’t rule out BA. He has the frame to play that same kind of role, and showed some shooting ability at times too. I was just generally disappointed with his contribution this year; probably unfairly so. A good off-season for him could change things.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

I hear you, and I think that makes sense against power conference teams in certain situations. By the same token, I don’t like the idea defensively of MH, JG, and TK all on the floor at the same time trying to guard American’s backdoor cuts (or Holy Cross now that they hired Carmody). Or, if AP covers Hass at Bucknell (like this year), that would likely put Holba on a shooting guard like Azzinaro or Show, and I don’t know know if I like the idea of him chasing them around screens.

Obviously those are very specfic examples, but my larger point is that I hope MH can provide versatility to play the 3 or 4 depending on the opponent. Adding some more footspeed/quickness to our frontcourt would be GREAT thing.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

See your point on MH on D. Cant stop drooling over the matchup horror he presents to those guys on O. Still think BA has a huge upside. Do wish Doc would be more flexible in utilizing the matchups we face on a game to game basis. While I’m fantasizing ,wish he was a better game coach.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

See your point on MH on D. Cant stop drooling over the matchup horror he presents to those guys on O. Still think BA has a huge upside.

If MH can hit the three, then I think there would be “match-up horror.” Otherwise, I worry about spacing with TK, JG, and MH on offense. If all three of those guys are near the bucket clogging things up, that will really limit penetration and could make our offense (already ugly at time) even uglier. I think perimeter shooting will be HUGE next year. Lehigh shot a decent % from 3, but were 306th in the nation and 9th in the PL in total makes. To get room for TK and JG to operate, and open up driving lines for KR, AP, and the other guards – guys need to step up and make 3’s to spread the floor.

van
    van
    Participant

While BA struggled this year, another year of maturity could make for a big improvement, agree that front court of TK, JG and MH would be fearsome but would need some different game planning and sets to make that work

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

A wealth of possibilities and talent for next year. Question remains the same,can Doc mold this group into a consistent team. Starts out better next year with a good bit more experience. We’ll see.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

And speaking of senior achievements for the incoming class, we may have a state champion on the way…..
    Guerin Catholic in 3A title game

lehigh90
    Participant

Looking at the box from the semifinal, Holba did knock down 3 three pointers in that game. Perhaps, he can shoot it from deep, and give us a nice “match up horror”.

Eager to see how the State Final goes on Saturday.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.