2015 Recruiting Targets

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2015 Recruiting Targets

This topic contains 410 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  sam.h.tyler88 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 411 total)
  • Author

LUHoops00
    Participant

FYI watched some ernst tapes and he may be the prototypical 4 man for us…plays to and through contact, likes to an can finish at and above the rim, and possesses some post offensive skills with back to the basket. Iowa has treated us well of late, here is hoping gabe or corey can help sell him .

LU15
    Participant

Any word on the date?

LUHoops00
    Participant

I have not seen a date anywhere, only dates on Brady is that bowling green is his first visit.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Can’t find a date on Ernst visit either, but agree with Hoops that he seems like a nice pick-up. Overall, I like the quality of the forwards that are visiting this spring, and hopefully one of them pops for Lehigh soon. Like that Ernst has a little more inside to his game than some of the other guys and could come in with a guy like Navigato or Hibbitts and fill a different role.

I wouldn’t read much (at all) into it, but Hibbitts aau program tweeted that he had a “great” visit to Lehigh.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

:) Eell better they said that than it was bad. Would be nice to get one big to verbal soon.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Little update on Pointer from a Clemson site. Not a good quote at the end, but it does go against the fact that he only has two officials scheduled so far and one is to Lehigh:

“My top schools are Clemson, Winthrop, Wichita State (and) Southern Mississippi,” Pointer said.

http://www.theclemsoninsider.com/2014/09/offer-on-the-table/

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Pretty exciting update on Malek Harwell who I am super high on. Some quotes below from a Rivals article. I kind of thought we were out of the running for Harwell, so I’m glad to see he is still considering Lehigh:

“Boise State, Lehigh, Colorado, Portland, Utah State, San Francisco have all offered, and California has been calling. I’m open to everybody still, but I’ve tried to cut it down a little bit. I’ve still got Colorado, Boise State, Lehigh, San Francisco and Portland for now.”

Lehigh’s coaching staff has also done a very good job of keeping in contact with Harwell. “I like Lehigh a lot. They seem like an Ivy League school, but they aren’t. I like [assistant] coach [Ryan] Krueger. He’s been the one recruiting me the most. I’m really a big fan of the coaches that stay in contact and recruit me as a priority and build a relationship with me. I put Lehigh on there for that reason. They said they see me as a C.J. McCollum coming in.”

“I want to decide before high school season. I’m going to take my visits and probably decide right after my visits. I’m definitely going to take Boise State, Lehigh and Colorado visits. I’m just looking for a school where I can fit in and impact it right away. I want to go somewhere I have a great relationship with the coaches. I’ve been looking up and studying what the programs are about. I think my best skill is my shooting and both Boise State and Lehigh are known for their shooters, so those would be good fits for me.”

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1676264#sthash.zNuEKRIb.dpuf

toddcudd
    Participant

Cool – that looks like some reason for optimism!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Very nice news. Still waiting for a F who can rebound and work inside.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Dan Jech F 6’9 Mayo HS Minn. Offered

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Nice catch Rich. First time seeing Jech’s name for me. He has three official visits lined up so far for the fall (Albany, North Dakota State, and U of South Dakota). Nine offers according to VC.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Quick update on Holba is in Bethlehem this weekend:

http://www.indystar.com/story/recruiting-central/2014/09/03/holba-one-of-top-in-state-players-in-2015-class/15053391/

Sounds like Bucknell was right in the mix, but they have now filled their need for a forward with Nate Sestina. Princeton has been recruiting very well recently, and doesn’t have a forward in this class, however they brought in 3 different 3/4 types last year. Reportedly had offers from some BCS schools (Penn State & Providence offered in April), but they seem to be no longer in the running likely because of commitments by other players.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Big weekend! Huge weekend. Pointer and holba wow.

toddcudd
    Participant

I ain’t calling it official yet – but multiple sources tweeting that Holba has committed to LU. Woot!!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Just saw it on my feed. YES. Too much drama over on football now. TMH calming ppl down,lol.
    Is he our answerinside?

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 411 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.