2015 Recruiting Targets

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2015 Recruiting Targets

This topic contains 410 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  sam.h.tyler88 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 411 total)
  • Author
    StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

I believe today is the first day that coaches can visit prospects in their homes or schools. Someone from the staff is down in Florida at the Providence School which is Wyatt Walker’s school.

Winston Neal ‏@CoachNeal 34m
    Florida HS power Providence hosted UCF, Lehigh, Coastal, Samford, & GA Southern this morning to watch there D1 prospects.

toddcudd
    Participant

Walker has apparently narrowed down list to 4 – Princeton, Lehigh, William & Mary, & Penn.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well,we’re certainly upping our competition for recruits. :)

TMH
    Participant

It appears that Mr. Walker is going to get a good education.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Wry and dry,lmao.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Harwell said he’s announcing Sunday so that probably doesn’t mean good news for LU.

Pointer had WSU and Clemson go visit his high school and he at WSU this weekend, also probably not great news.

As for koontz and walker, size is good but in the small vid I saw I didn’t see a single post move….both are below the rim guys so need to see post moves.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Also Hurley chasing navigato hard. Bobby himself was in IL for a 6 am navigato workout the other day.

toddcudd
    Participant

I’m hoping we’re still in the running for Ernst, but couldn’t access the article where he named his final four. I’m guessing we’re still on that list, since he apparently has a visit scheduled…

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Saw that Reed was in the day after Hurley to visit Navigato. Clears up any uncertainty that Lehigh was still interested in Navigato after Holba’s commitment.

I agree that there isn’t a lot of videos showing post moves from Walker or Koontz, however I really like the video on both of them. There is more on Walker than Koontz, but I see a lot of the same things. Ability to finish with either hand and through contact, good IQ on spacing and rolling to the hoop, big bodies with good agility and solid ball skills for their size, and using their size to hold off defenders. Walker especially plays for a pretty good high school I believe, so it could be that there just aren’t a lot of opportunities for him to camp out on the block and get the ball. Overall, I think both of them have the size, skills, and mobility to contribute as inside/outside threats in the PL. Their agility and comfort with the ball in their hands makes me think that both of them could pick up some post moves if they don’t have them already.

Not too optimistic on Pointer at this point.

Surprised Harwell is going to decide this quickly without taking all (or even most) of his visits. Makes me think that he is going to choose Colorado and is picking the chance to play in the Pac 12 as much as a school.

LU15
    Participant

A source on the bball team(an anonymous player) tells me the 2 real targets are Cashaw( who Reed was visiting) and Hibbits.

toddcudd
    Participant

Scoopage! Thanks 15!

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

I could see those two being up there on the priority list. But I think one of the coaches going down to visit Walker on Day 1 of the open period (and him having us in his final 4) as well as Reed’s visit to Navigato this week says they are major targets as well. Probably Ernst and Koontz as well.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

No surprises here:

Dave Southorn ‏@IDS_Southorn 22m
    Century senior guard Malek Harwell will pick a school Sunday. Tells me final 5 is Colorado, Boise State, Lehigh, Wyoming and San Francisco.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

Colorado, Boise, Wyoming, SFU. Not exactly chopped liver as far as sports name brand recognition.

toddcudd
    Participant

…and not exactly household names, either. Sarcasm, jim?

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 411 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.