2015 Recruiting Targets

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2015 Recruiting Targets

This topic contains 410 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  sam.h.tyler88 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 411 total)
  • Author

toddcudd
    Participant

Perez to Harvard; holding breath re: Cashaw.

LU15
    Participant

Koontz is probably on his way, just a layover in Atlanta

toddcudd
    Participant

We got our 2nd commit today, it seems! Word is that Kyle Leufroy has given us his verbal. I had not done any homework on him – snuck up on me! Looks like he’s rated 3-star on a couple of sites.

Leufroy Highlights

I’m going to assume we got the 2-guard we were after – so now onto a 4!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Nice,combo from Cal. No expert but liked his video from last yr. Now for Hibbetts:)

LU15
    Participant

I met Koontz in the stands of Goodman today, seems like a really nice kid and having a blast on campus!

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Very exciting commitment from Kyle Leufroy today. Three stars on all three of Scout, Rivals, and ESPN. Had offers from a handful of west coast mid majors and BU. But check out these tweets from various analysts:

Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10 4h
    As reported by @JoshGershon, big time get for Lehigh with commitment from Kyle Leufroy. Patriot League program building something

Josh Gershon ‏@JoshGershon 5h
    Huge pickup for #Lehigh in Kyle Leufroy. Versatile guard can play on and off ball. Scorer from all three levels that can really pass too.

I think he looks really good on video and has been labeled as “under-recruited” for awhile. Probably means Cashaw and Pointer are out, but that was already seemed quite likely, especially with Pointer.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/27/three-star-shooting-guard-kyle-leufroy-commits-to-lehigh/

toddcudd
    Participant

Per twitter, Cashaw will announce commitment this evening.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Interesting weekend on the recruiting front. Leufroy commits to Lehigh, even though I don’t believe he has been on campus yet (although I assume he will take an official this fall) and before Pointer or Cashaw make their decisions. The same weekend, Wichita State and Clemson both land other point guards, potentially taking away two of Pointer’s most likely landing spots. It shows how many moving parts there are in the system with no school or player wanting to end up the odd one out in musical chairs.

I assume the Leufroy commitment means Cashaw and Pointer are likely no longer on the radar, assuming Lehigh is focused on a big for the last spot in the class. The caveat being if Hoops is right and there are actually two available scholarships for a big and another player.

toddcudd
    Participant

Yup, agreed. If we’ve only got 1 left, I’m certainly hoping it will be a PF.

toddcudd
    Participant

Looks like Cashaw committed to Rice.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Very interesting to see Pointer end up at College of Charleston. My guess is the offers at Clemson and Wichita State dried up after they had other guards commit. I thought Ole Miss was in play too, so very surprised to see CoC swoop in during the last few weeks. I also wonder if Pointer indicated to Lehigh he was going another direction, and that’s when Leufroy committed – or if it was first come first serve between Pointer, Cashaw, and Leufroy. So many moving parts to the game. Also, Pointer must not have loved Wichita State or Lehigh (or he wasn’t the first option at WSU) if he was hesitant to pick either on his visits.

Pretty pleased with two three star guys in Holba and Leufroy. Let’s get a banger and call it a class.

toddcudd
    Participant

Totally agreed, SBum! I’m happy with what we’re seeing in this class so far. One wide body, and I’m thrilled!
    I can’t help but wonder if our staff had Leufroy ahead of Cashaw, and that contributed to Cashaw’s decision?

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

Verbal Commits seems to think McCaskill and/or Glover are on scholarship, that we are using 13, and that we have no more room in 2015. There’s really no way to be sure until next year or we get another commitment?

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Since we are losing three scholarship guys at the end of this year (Baltimore, Schaefer, and Stefan), the assumption is we have at least 1 left. McCaskill has been referred to explicitly by Reed as a walk-on (http://lehighsports.com/news/2014/6/5/MBB_0605145200.aspx?path=mbball) so Verbal Commits has at least that wrong. I think JRG is on scholarship, others on the board aren’t sure. We have never seen confirmation either way. I do think it is safe to assume that we have at least one more scholarship available for the class of 2015.

toddcudd
    Participant

There’s a lot to like about Verbal Commits, but their scholly numbers are not one of them. We know FAR more here than they do. I’ve found several mistakes there about status. And they continue to list AP as a PG – even after I submitted a correction. Sheesh!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 411 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.