2015 Recruiting Targets

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2015 Recruiting Targets

This topic contains 410 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  sam.h.tyler88 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 411 total)
  • Author

toddcudd
    Participant

nice! thanks, 15!

LUHoops00
    Participant

SBum, depressing news on hibbits….seems he might pull a simelton and play out senior year and trust his game and up his offer list. Guess he didn’t fall in love with Bethlehem.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Anyone have any sedore video??

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

Sedore committed yesterday. Surprised he didn’t do that a long time ago – with his only outstanding offers apparently being LU and Cornell (where he likely would not have a full ride). Is it possible LU had temporarily pulled back their offer and only re-offered yesterday?

toddcudd
    Participant

137 – Verbal Commits had Bucknell as an offer to him too. Not so?

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

Yes, Bucknell had offered him. But Bucknell used up their last scholarship about August 1st, so clearly that offer was then off the table. At that point, I expected him to commit to LU.

toddcudd
    Participant

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying!

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Sedore is definitely a bit of an enigma. He’s from upstate NY right on Lake Ontario in a school that I believe has less than 100 students in a grade. So he likely isn’t competing against top competition. He played AAU for the Syracuse Nets. Can’t find any video and he has no profiles with the scouting services (Scout, Rivals, ESPN). A few short write-ups I have found:

2014 GymRat Challenge: Caleb Sedore, 6-9 post, Syracuse Nets/Pulaski H.S.: Very long and agile; a true post. Great communicator in the middle. A presence on defense and covers a great deal of grand. Can catch and finish. Runs the floor hard and gives up his body. Rebounds because he works for position and meakes effort to box out. Good hands and footwork. Hearing from BU, Cornell, Binghamton, Columbia, Bucknell.

New York State Top 24 (Sep 2013): 2015 Pulaski (NY) power forward Caleb Sedore is bound to pickup a few scholarships in the Division One ranks very soon. A high-academic big man who must get stronger and play more physical, he has a lot of positive dimensions to his game. He runs the floor well, plays hard, boxes out, and can finish around the rim a bit. Cornell, Boston and Binghamton are entertaining him thus far, and the Big Red will host him for an unofficial visit on Monday.

Adam Finkelstein: Lehigh adds a commitment from Caleb Sedore this morning. Skilled 6’9 face-up big from upstate NY.

Assuming we did offer Caleb 6 months ago when it was first reported, that is a pretty good sign of interest and confidence from the staff. Not sure what took so long, as Bison137 points out it doesn’t appear Sedore had a lot of offers. The limited reports sound promising however, and if he is a legit and agile 6’9 – then we will finally a few true options at the 4/5. I’m hoping for a diamond in the rough that would have had a lot more attention had he come from a different area. Welcome Caleb!

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

Sedore’s HS has an enrollment of about 350 and faces weak competition, so you won’t be able to judge him by his regular season HS play. In that way, he is very similar to the PF/C who committed to Bucknell, who is 6-8 or 6-9 and from very rural north-central PA. High school of less than 250 and generally weak competition. Pittsburgh AAU team but couldn’t always get there.

I have driven by Pulaski many times on business. Town of a couple thousand located in what may be the snow belt of the United States. It makes Syracuse look like Miami in terms of snow accumulation.

Over the next four years, I will be interested to see how the Bison commit, Nate Sestina, does relative to Sedore.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

For those that enjoy tracking this stuff, Wyatt Walker committed to Princeton this week. Walker appears (from the internet) to have been one of the primary bigs that Lehigh was recruiting in the 2015 class along with Hibbitts, Koontz, Ernst, and obviously Sedore. Walker’s offer list was quite strong and I think he will be a productive Ivy/PL player. Hibbitts and Ernst remain uncommitted.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Double posted by accident. If anyone has authority to delete this post. Feel free.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by StablerBum StablerBum.

toddcudd
    Participant

Man, that’s gotta be a nerve-wracking gamble for these kids. I have to believe that most schools have used up their planned schollies at this point. Unless they’ve decided to accept PWO deals, and play their way into a scholarship?
    One of the guards I was watching, and was kind of excited about, Sacar Anim is still in the same boat. Although he did just get an offer from Marquette this week. Maybe he was counting on that and/or others.

toddcudd
    Participant

Tough news for one of the recruits who seemed to be holding out for better: I’m catching reports that Brady Ernst tore an ACL last night. Really tough break for the kid; hope he can bounce back.

toddcudd
    Participant

Don’t know that we’ll extend another 2015 offer, but if we’re in the market, I picked up one interesting tidbit. Nate Navigato, who we had offered, has decommitted from Buffalo this week, as a result of Bobby Hurley’s move to ASU. An article from the time of his commitment indicates that he chose Buffalo over LU and Toledo – at least implying that we were in his final 3. Seems to a skilled big: “holds school records in scoring, assists, steals, blocked shots and 3-pointers”.
    At a gut level, our most pressing need is now a PG – but it looks like we’ve got offers out to a nice collection of PGs for 2016.

Nate Navigato

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Since JC and JG are seniors next year,Navigato would be a plus this year. Course,gotta hope KR stays healthy ,J develops and Leufroy can go between 1 and 2 :)

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 411 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.