2015 Recruiting Targets

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2015 Recruiting Targets

This topic contains 410 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  sam.h.tyler88 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 411 total)
  • Author
    StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Interesting Todd. I would argue that the frontcourt remains a bigger need.

Obviously, with Tim in the middle Lehigh should be very competitive over the next two years. Perhaps with the potentially to be a special Patriot League team his senior year like Lehigh and Bucknell teams of the past. My biggest concern is what if Sedore is slow to develop? Once JC and JG graduate, who else do we have to help out Tim. I think the idea of bringing in another big to hedge the bet on Sedore and Holba is a good move for balancing the roster.

Ross is a lock at the 1, and Jenkins and Leufroy are total wildcards. But you need a second big to be a really solid team – and that is a huge question mark in two years. By next offeason it will be too late to address in time for Tim’s senior year.

If there is a 2015 big that is interested (Navigato? Hibbitts? Ernst?) and worth a scholarship, I would be all for it.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by StablerBum StablerBum.

toddcudd
    Participant

Ernst still feels like an interesting possibility to me too. I suspect that he was one of the “holding out for better offers” crowd, but might now be in a jam due to ACL tear.
    If the coaches are confident that TJ is ready to serve as primary backup at the 1, I’m with you SBum. Get another big, more guards in 2016.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

AU has recently offered Navigato. No indication that Lehigh has gotten involved since he was released from Buffalo. Would be a bummer if he ended up playing for someone else in the Patriot League after Lehigh was a finalist when he initially chose Buffalo. Hoping he ends up at Bradley or anywhere else outside the PL.

lehigh90
    Participant

I wouldn’t think you could count on many minutes from TJ next season. The fact that he couldn’t get on the court this past season, does not bode well IMO. Most of our productive players over the years saw significant PT in their freshman season.

I, too, would prefer a big man, if we are offering another scholarship this year. PG’s and SG’s are a dime a dozen, but it is tough to secure a decent big man in the PL. Guys like TK, are once every 10 year type players. Most of the bigs we will get will be significant projects.

toddcudd
    Participant

Well, I sure hope we can expect some minutes for TJ. If not, we’ve got a big problem – ha! Unless KR plays 40 mins at the 1 every night…
    I’m hopeful that TJ’s limited time had more to do with the guys in front of him. KR played very big minutes for a frosh, MS played some 1, and CS1 could as well.

I hope something is cooking with the staff. I really hoped we’d see some movement during this spring “live” recruiting period for a ’15 player. Especially if we really are at 11 schollies right now. The optimist in me is hoping that they’re still trying to talk MS out of his move. I saw this week that one of bucky’s reported transfers has decided to stay; I’d be happy with similar news!
    Maybe next year’s crop looks so good that we’ll stand pat – but it feels like we’ll be pretty thin.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Not so pessi
    pessimistic on TJ. Bottom line where were minites going to come from?May ne he is just not as good. Could also just be that he brings a differdnt dy.amic to rotation. Would really like to know how many schollies we have.
    A question. If MS’s is the only schollie,how do coaches recruit if MS is waffling? Or perhaps may just change his mind in a month?

toddcudd
    Participant

I don’t have any inside info Rich, but others here have stated pretty definitively that JRG is still a PWO. If so, that puts us at 11. I could live with sitting on 1, to load up next year, if there was a thoughtful plan. But sitting on 2 makes me uncomfortable.

TMH
    Participant

todd,
    KL is a natural PG who has been playing at a very high level and is ranked as a ***. I suspect he will take over MSs role next year, backing up KR a the point and putting in minutes at the wing.

toddcudd
    Participant

ok – that’s good to know. I was under the impression that KL was a pure 2.

edit: to your point, TMH – I found this link, and he considers himself a combo. Article contributor likes him at the 1. Very good! This article may have been linked here previously, and if so I didn’t fully process it.

KL Article

• This reply was modified 8 years, 12 months ago by  toddcudd. Reason: added link

pafan11
    Participant

I would not look for TJ to contribute next year. He was behind KR, MS, and CR on the depth chart according to coaching staff. With MS and CR leaving you would think that TJ would need to contribute but I look for KL to fill MS role and TJ only playing in situations of serious foul trouble or multiple injuries. IMHO, I think staff is going to sit on at least one of the scholarships and maybe both to try and reload the following year when TK, and AP are seniors the only two remaining from a class of 5.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

fan
    How often do bigs come into Lehigh ready to compete immediately. Few a.d far between. Still think better to get a big sooner rather than later.

pafan11
    Participant

Rich,
    I agree completely I just believe that they won’t bring one in til 16/17 season. FYI MS is not waffling he is out.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I know. Just busting 15’s chops. Probably so on bigs. Question is are there suitable bigs left now for Doc to recruit? If so,see no good reason not to get one. May well be there aren’t any. Might as well roll the dice with a big class next year.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

So Wyatt Walker decommitted from Princeton. Do we go back in on him with that extra schollie?

toddcudd
    Participant

Saw that too. But he also quickly retweeted another post about prior interest from Georgetown – so maybe he has a destination in mind already.
    I haven’t heard anything new about Navigato or Ernst yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 411 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.