2015 Recruiting Targets

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2015 Recruiting Targets

This topic contains 410 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  sam.h.tyler88 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 411 total)
  • Author
    StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Oliver Tot PG coming in for his visit this week

Hey Rich, I think Tot is actually 2014. I’ve only ever seen him mentioned as 2014 and the tweets about his visits call them officials. This would mean he would have to be a high school senior since juniors can only take unofficials.

I assumed the Tot interest was over with the signing of Kahron Ross, so this is pretty surprising to me.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I thought so but surprised he was coming in for an official. Assume we have no schollies left. So put him over to 15, a PG yr?

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

I’m in the same boat as you. I thought we were done for 2014 scholarships. A PG year is possible, but if he is taking “official” visits (to LU or anywhere else) that means he is a senior I believe. Juniors cannot take official visits until Jan 1 of their junior year. Not sure how that rule works when kids reclass late.

There are a couple of potential scenarios I suppose (someone transferring, a player we currently believe is on scholarship is actually a walk-on, we want to get Tot on campus in case he transfers later a la JRG) but I still think Tot is a 2014.

toddcudd
    Participant

Verbal Commits has him as a senior. If it hasn’t been noted already, appears that he’s at the same school JC came from:

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/oliver-tot

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Think a PG for Intl kid very unlikely. Maybe he just wants to visit Jesse. :)

TMH
    Participant

Lehigh basketball players (as well as the rest of the Patriot League) need to understand how precious this environment is. My son attended an A-10 school and every year they would reach their recruiting limit by November. Every year they would continue recruiting and eventually bring in 3-5 more kids while an equivalent # would decide to transfer. Being bred on Patriot League basketball, I had no idea that scholarships to a University were on a year to year basis and if they found someone they deemed better than you, yours was gone. The downside is they never had a senior laden team over those 6 years and never had any significant success. I found out later that this was SOP for major conference schools.

toddcudd
    Participant

Wow. That’s pretty rough, TMH. Were the kids they were recruiting after November offered schollies? With the assumption that the school would be taking away some?

TMH
    Participant

toddcudd,
    As I understand it from very reliable sources, they offered scholarships. If it were considered an upgrade, someone (current player) was denied his scholarship for the following year. They normally transferred to a lower division school. It happened virtually every year.
    This is more than basketball. It is their education and future. I hope they went in with their eyes wide open.

TMH
    Participant

LUHoops00
    Participant

This makes zero sense, I don’t want to write any more on this because I might give myself a serious headache.

TMH
    Participant

LUHoops00,
    Just wondering what makes zero sense?

LUHoops00
    Participant

You’re kidding, right TMH? The fact that if we do have a one more schollie available that there’d be 1 ounce of consideration for another guard. That would make 7 guards in two classes, seems high to me. Plus the fact that we have 5 bigs on roster this year, and 3 have never played a minute of college hoops, so it strikes me that if we have one more schollies(JRG walk on?) that we’d use it on a forward of some sorts.

TMH
    Participant

No….no..no, that’s not what I am implying at all. I was simply stating how fortunate Patriot League players are not having to constantly look over their shoulders to see if their schollie was being taken away.
    BTW, did you see how tall Tot is?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Garret Thibodeaux PF 6’7 220 Tyler Tx

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Nick Brooks ’15 PG Rutgers Prep in tonite for visit

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 411 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.