2015 Recruiting Targets

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2015 Recruiting Targets

This topic contains 410 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  sam.h.tyler88 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 411 total)
  • Author

toddcudd
    Participant

May have an answer to one of our lingering scholarship questions. Our game notes are listing CR as a walk-on:

http://www.lehighsports.com/custompages/Game%20Notes/Men%27s%20Basketball/2013-14/2%20-%20Rider.pdf

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Some 2015 and 2016 unofficial visitors on campus in the last week or so:

Nick Brooks, 2015 combo guard from Rutgers Prep
    Sam Saxton, 2015 from Central York
    Zay Jennings, 2016 PF from Allentown

Obviously talent is the #1 requirement, but I do think it would be a good thing for fan interest if there were a few more local guys on the squad. Like seeing some PA/NJ guys visiting campus.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Myles Stephens SG St. Andrews ( DEL) on an unofficial today at LU

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Sam Dunkum, 6’11 C from Arkansas popping up on Twitter with Lehigh interest

toddcudd
    Participant

I’ve been following him for a while. Maybe it’s just the name, but I’m intrigued. Very little info available – I think he missed last year with an injury.

Engineer86
    Participant

Take Jennings off this list there are many more talented local kids that attend LU games all the time. He merely went to the game. If that constitutes an unofficial visit, we have unofficial visits every game. If you tell me Rahkman went to a game, that is an unofficial visit. Jennings is just a local kid attending a game.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Xeyrius Williams ( Oh) F 6’7

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Michael Benkert G/F 6’4 ( Ind)

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Trey Lowe SG 6’5 (NJ)

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

It looks like Benkert, Lowe, and Williams all received offers in the past week. No inside info, but I wonder if they were batched together in some way, or if it is just that the coaches have this exam period to spend more time on the road and therefore visited all these guys recently to watch games/practices and extend offers.

On Jennings, I’m keeping him on the 2016 list. I haven’t seen him play so I’m not going to compare his talent to other local kids. He is receiving D1 chatter and has apparently visited UMBC and Princeton unofficially as well. He may not end up being a D1 player, but since we aren’t vetting any of these kids at all, if he is mentioned on twitter as visiting then he will be on the list.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Per his tweet LU came in and offered him last night

Samir Sehic PF 6’7 255 Houston Tx

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Love this kid. Love his body type. This is the kind of big we haven’t had in awhile. Don’t know how or why this video was made, but he comes off looking great.

LUHoops00
    Participant

I like X Williams, kid has big upside, not sure he stays at PL level school but we’ll see….be interesting to follow his development.

Engineer86
    Participant

Wow I thought there was more credibility to the list of players I see on this forum. Now I understand that any kid with a twitter account is a possible recruit. #notcredible

TMH
    Participant

Engineer86,
    Are you still referring to Jennings

http://future150.com/hs/basketball-news/zay-jennings-standing-out-in-the-lehigh-valley

Sounds like he has the tools, the natural skills, work ethic and interest in Lehigh. 2016 is a long time from now.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 411 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.