2015 Recruits-Softball

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Softball 2015 Recruits-Softball

This topic contains 30 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

Now that the 2014-2015 athletic season is in the bag, I needed something to pass the time on this rainy night. Here is a synopsis of what the incoming softball recruits have been doing this spring.

Emily Sorem
    Emily is currently 23-0 and is still pitching in her HS playoffs. Tualatin is in the Semi-finals despite tendonitis in Emily’s throwing arm for the last several weeks. Regardless in 147.1 innings, she has given up 8 earned runs (.38 ERA) and has struck out 292 batters. She has 5 no-hitters this year including the most recent QF game and a bucket full of 1 hitters.

Brie Gerhardt
    Brie is a catcher/SS who will catch for Lehigh. From Petaluma HS, she is listed as having a career .513 BA with 49 runs scored in 87 official AB this season. Instead of listing her stats , I’ll provide you with a link.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/brie-gerhardt/ah9raPTmEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/softball-stats.htm

Jenn Stoll, 1b, OF, Lakeland
    I have not found any stats for Jenn this season but suffice it to say that she is also a career .500 hitter. Here are some of her accolades prior to 2015.

http://www.formynextcoach.com/PublicPages/AthleteProfile.aspx?AthleteId=256

What I do know about this season is that she was again elected to the All-County team for the 4th time and was chosen to participate in the NJ Super 36 North-South All-Star Game.

Ashley Quidolit.
    From Bonita Vista HS, Ashley is another speed merchant. She got off to a slow start this year since her team went deep into the playoffs in basketball but finished at .390. Her career BA is .453

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/ashley-quidolit/WJwKTPTsEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/softball-stats.htm

Personally, I think that this class may challenge the rising senior class in it’s resume and next year they get to play together.

TMH
    Participant

Bonus feature:

The 2016 class seems to be pretty accomplished already too.

Lexi Van Ooyen

Junior Lexi van Ooyen (INF) batted .539 with 31 RBI and 46 runs and was first-team all-league and all-district and second-team all-state.

Emily Preble

Jesuit’s Emily Preble, C, was named Player of the year in the All-Metro League

Parker Boyd
    Parker was recently named to the St. Helen’s League 1st team for the 2nd year in a row.

Reva Alderman

Recently named 1st team C in the Central League in PA-District 1

Side note. Other than Sorem, all of Fran’s 2015 recruits were lead off hitters in HS

TMH
    Participant

I may be talking to myself but Emily Sorem and Ava Roth are the only 2 recruits still active.

Sorem threw another shutout, 2 hitter, 13K in the state semi-final game. The state finals will be held on Saturday.
    Roth’s George Mason soccer team is still very much alive in the VA state playoffs.

toddcudd
    Participant

Keep it comin’!! I’ll read ’em all!!

Hawkineer2
    Participant

Lehigh Softball is on a roll and especially if the recruits listed are as strong as they appear to be.
    With the new facility, attendance should rise dramatically.
    We could be headed toward being a top 25 team nationally.

TMH
    Participant

Emily Sorem was just named Oregon’s Gatorade Player of the Year in softball.

Oregon Softball POY: Emily Sorem

TMH
    Participant

Trivia Question.
    Emily will be our 6th Gatorade POY in the last 10 years. Can anyone name the other 5?

Hint: The last time Lehigh has not had a POY on one of their rosters was 2005.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Damn you are quick. :) 2005,well that lets out my first thought.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Bausher,Decker,Sweeney,Bender,Ling.
    My first thought was Kim Miller before I read years. Oh,Ling?

TMH
    Participant

Emily Bausher was one. Prior to Sorem however, she was the only one from softball.

Side note:Fran has already mentioned to me that there is a transition from HS to Div 1. I then thought of Stephanie Thomas who was the Gatorade POY for softball in NJ last year, 3 X 1st team AS and second team AA. She went to Lafayette. She went 2-14 with a 6.58 ERA and hit .239. Still not damping my enthusiasm.

Still 4 more players to go.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Ignored Gatorade. Barket. Gotta think more.v

toddcudd
    Participant

Ahhh – slippery! I was thinking softball context too, and had nothing to offer. But I do recall a hoopster – CJ something or other? – who was Ohio Gatorade POY for ’08-’09. So that covers 09-13 seasons…

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

WBB. Weaver? Definitely Ohio. Damn,blond hair.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Smith keeps dancing in my head . Tricia ??
    What about Prosser.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Lexi POY 2x in NY was that Gatorade?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.