2015 Recruits-Softball

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Softball 2015 Recruits-Softball

This topic contains 30 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

OK….you guys have gotten the low hanging fruit. Barket and that CJ kid (what was his last name ;-)). You may search forever so I’ll give you the last 2.

Men’s Soccer
    2006-2008 Kyle Evans POY in NJ Played 3 solid years. Did not play as a senior
    2008-2011 Stenen Avena POY in NV

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

:):) The breadth of your knowledge never ceases to amaze me.

TMH
    Participant

Sorem throws another 2 hit shutout as Tualatin beats #1 Westview to win the 6-A State Championship.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Wow. CC,Lajeunesse and Sorem. Not too shabby :) All West Coast staff.

TMH
    Participant

Rich,
    You get 5 points for spelling Cassie’s name correctly. I rarely do.
    Fran seems to be moving up the coast..San Diego area, then LA County, Oregon and the following year Washington. I wonder how good Canadian softball is.

Christine is proven. Cassie is a wild card. She really hasn’t pitched in 2 years. Her senior year was essentially negated due to a shoulder injury. Sorem will be an impact player on Day 1 despite Fran trying to temper my enthusiasm. Parker has an enormous upside but she’s not there yet.
    BTW, I think Fran is out in CA now. Hope he finds that 5th recruit for 2016.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Wouldn’t be surprised.BTW, looked up Cassie’s name first :) Glad she had the year to acclimate. Hope Fran can get another hitter.

TMH
    Participant

USA Today announced their All-American team. Emily Sorem got an honorable mention. What is notable are the college programs for the rest of the girls on the list.

ALL-USA Softball: Honorable Mention

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Bottom line ,she is rated as one of the top 40 HS players and a top 10 pitcher.
    Seems pretty good,eh? :)

TMH
    Participant

At the beginning of this post I noted that I didn’t have much information on Jenn Stoll for the 2015 season. Now I do.
    For 2015, Jenn hit .625 (no typo). For her career, she hit a combine .547 with 154 hits, .621 OB%, .812 slugging % and 44 extra base hits.
    She was named 1st team NJ Group 3 for the 3rd time, All league and all County for the 4th time and was 2nd team A/S (All divisions).

Looks like she could fit in somewhere :-).

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Asked for a hitter. Gotta send Fran a thank you note. .625 even in gr. 2 is mind boggling.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by RichH RichH.

TMH
    Participant

I’ll give you guys a rest now but last tidbit on Sorem

She was also named Pitcher of the Year in Oregon. Interesting stat…she was 26-0, giving up 49 hits. That’s less than 2 hits per game.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Just one question for you. When do you sleep? :-)

TMH
    Participant

Reva Alderman, Garnet Valley: The junior was the top catcher in the Central League. Alderman batted .519 with a .600 on-base percentage and failed to commit an error all year from behind the plate. The All-Central League selection posted a 1.046 slugging percentage with six doubles, two triples and six home runs. She was the team leader in RBIs with 35 and struck out only two times in 54 at bats. Alderman is an early Lehigh softball commit.

Checking to see if anyone is still with us.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Gotta find a good synonym for impressive :)
    Any word how Fran’s West coast trip went?

Thought I would have some downtime from football. Another round of campus visits. Finished some updates to sheet. A slew more to do.

toddcudd
    Participant

I’m still here, and along for the ride! But it definitely feels like we’re in the summer doldrums – not much going on. I think hoops recruiting info should start picking up around July 8th again, based on NCAA calendar.
    I think we’ll also have some incoming recruits starting summer school on July 6th. Hopefully, that means they’ll be able to work out with teammates.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.