This topic contains 183 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    travism
    travism
    Participant

Alston tweeted something. What happened to him

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

That’s all we know. Nothing on social media ,other than Matt retweeting BA’s tweet. Familly or injury?

travism
    travism
    Participant

Uh man. Not good.

LU15
    Participant

Nothing on either facebook page, what does twitter say?!?!

ohioaau
    Participant

AS a fan of the program could somebody please decipher the code and/or simply inform me what this bad news is…sadly I’m not media savvy so I would really appreciate any help….thanks

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Welcome. Sorty for the shorthand. Brandon Alston tweeted to Matt his best wishes/condolences and that family would be “hoopin”again soon. Nothing pops up on social media to clarify the situation. So,all we know is something happened in the Holba family. Injury,illness ??? Hopefully whatever the situation ,the family recovers well.

ohioaau
    Participant

Thank you for the clarification… Let’s hope and pray that above all else everything is ok with this young man and his family off the court. While I’m certainly excited to see him on it life has bigger meanings… Thanks again for the information and please keep posting as information presents itself

toddcudd
    Participant

I shouldn’t have posted anything without more info – sorry. Saw that tweet and panicked.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Stop by anytime. Only important issue here is Matt and his family. The rest will take care of itself.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Hindsight todd. Whether or not it is serious for LUMBB remains to be seen. Nervewracking or not always better to know than not. For now,we can only hope that Holba family comes thru whatever is happening.

toddcudd
    Participant

Got an update. Somebody close the situation reached out to me, to share status with the fans here.
    The short story is that Matt hurt his foot at the end of the All-Star game we were discussing here a few weeks ago. After some initial uncertainty, they recently learned that the injury required minor surgery, which was done last week. My understanding is that the issue won’t have long-term implications, and Matt is expected to recover to 100%. It is likely, however, that Matt’s start to this season will be delayed.
    Sounds like spirits are good, and all is well otherwise with the Holba family. I know I’m looking forward to seeing him on the floor!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Great news. Ace detective work todd. :)

TMH
    Participant

The removal process has now started
    Triston Chambers has removed Lehigh from consideration

toddcudd
    Participant

News update on Matt:

IndyStar

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

New reports of offers at Verbal Commits. Two point guards (of course). Colin Slater 6′ out of Fresno with an array of interesting mid major offers. Scout has him at 4* and Rivals at 3*. On paper certainly a WOW. Then we have Thomas Dziagwa at 6’4″. I thought anyone with a Z in last name had to be a wrestler. Dziagwa has a Big 12 (Oky State) offer and a motley list of mid-major suitors from west to east coast including Lehigh, his fourth Patriot league offer.

If VC is to be believed, we now have made offers to 13 point guards, 5 shooting guards, 3 small forwards, and 11 power forwards. This seems to be casting quite a large net. Have we done this shot gun approach before?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.