#22 Dom Bragalone RB

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football #22 Dom Bragalone RB

This topic contains 122 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Participant

LG,

I don’t understand the “competition” factor. Sam McCloskey who is from the Single A state champ is a helluva player. Clairton is littered with legit FBS prospects and McCloskey was the best player on the field during the title game. Bragalone had a great game the week before against McCloskey’s BGHS team in the state semi’s. There are plenty of excellent players who come from small schools.

Glenn Kempa is one of LU’s best QB’s ever and he came from Single A Riverside, likewise with Stambaugh and Pius X. Rath was the Small school player of the year a well and went on to have a very good career at Lehigh.

I think this kid is more in the Erik Marsh profile than Barket or even Eachus. Barket and Eachus were tough kids that had a nice combo of size and speed when healthy. Bragalone is more of a physical specimen imo. This kid has me stoked!

LehighGuy
    Participant

Because comp matters. I understand small schools have great players, and this kid is a good gamble. Watching his film I just wasn’t impressed. Didn’t see any RB moves, just straight ahead running. That’s why I think he would be a great FB. He’s defiantly strong enough to knock out some LBs. Comparing him to LU players of old does nothing for me. This is a new scholly era with scholarship level comp.

steelers32
    Participant

Bragalone was named 1st team Max Preps All American. Only player from PA on 1st team. He is also Parade All American honorable mention
    http://www.maxpreps.com/m/article.aspx?articleid=4a7503e6-ed9f-479a-b442-55d3a2fdb5b4

Great Expectations: Meet Kyler Murray, Parade’s 2015 All-America Player of the Year

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

This kid has all the tools to be another Barket and more. We are getting some nice kids that, before, we would not even be in their living rooms. Scholarships has ‘deepend’ the pond we are fishing. Before, the water was shallow and very wide. Now that we can go after kids in the east who are being pursued by ACC, MAC, Sun Belt, SoCon and CAA the skill level should markedly improve. The one problem will be less depth than before and, a spate of injuries, like last year can really bite. Fingers crossed that we can land Fleming from Easton.

steelers32
    Participant
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

“BragaLeigh” A great meme ror LU football next year. Kudos sunday.

TMH
    Participant

Dominick was just named Parade Magazine HM

http://www.easternpafootball.com/news/awards-dominick-bragalone/

Congratulations!!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

WOW!! Congratulations to Dom. Dont recall LU ever having a Parade AllAmerican recruit.

TMH
    Participant

Rich,
    Actually we have one sitting on the bench in basketball.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

:).True,wasn’t thinking Bball tho.

jmn6402
    Participant

Hey Lehigh Guy, I have followed this kid from the start of his HS career. To say there were NO FBS schools recruiting him is laughable at best. I know the kid personally and was being heavily recruited by Rutgers, Penn State (initially), Syracuse, Army, Coastal Carolina, then Lehigh, Delaware, Colgate. There was moderate interest from TCU. Im not sure you have had all your facts but as a someone close to the kid and the team I believe he should have earned a bit more respect from his critics.

tigerfb75
    Participant

Sorry jmn6402 but I disagree. A kid that has 5000 yards is definitely worth a look from big programs, and its definitely impressive whether you’re facing the Seattle Seahawks, Buffalo Bills, or Canton. And he doesn’t deserve the critiscism he gets, it’s not his fault that the kids lined up across from him are no good. He looks like a good player, but there’s a reason that all those FBS schools you listed didn’t pull the trigger on a back that ran for 5,000 yards and runs a 4.5. Once they saw that competition that he faced every week those numbers didn’t look so impressive anymore. Can be a good back for Lehigh don’t get me wrong, but got the attention from the FCSes that he deserved. Sorry but competition matters.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

tiger and jmn
    Actually agree with both points of view. No doubt that competition matters. That FBS teams didn’t pull the trigger while certainly relevant is not determinative in evaluating a player from A level football. FBS usually have much more prsssure for recruits to produce quickly. They are rarely interested in waiting for a player to transition up. Nor are they willing to spend a schollie with the attendant risk that not all players are able to successfully transition. The gap between PL ball and Class A is big,that between A and FBS is enormous. In that respect competition matters. It does not diminsh the player’s actual ability. If Dom had played at a AAAA with even similar numbers he wouldn’t be here.
    Altho clearly less of a risk for LU,transition is still the issue. How quickly a.d how well will he get up to game speed.We have been here before with Barket and Brown,both A star RBs. Viewing all the video I could find on Dom,he is a distinct level above both.IMO,he will transition very well and star at LU. How quickly?Dont know but I hope soon :)

jmn6402
    Participant

Very well put RichH. Tigerfb75, You have some good points. Its unfortunate that small school players dont get the respect they deserve. But how do you weigh talent based on school classification? An player at an “A” school could be just as good if not better at a “AAAA” classification, but who’s to know? Its just a disappointment knowing that institutions and ppl are using this as a deciding factor. However, Once reaching district and state playoffs, you dont get ‘scrub’ or ” JV like” teams. Its the real deal. Dom was able to turn the volume up even more and destroy the top offenses and defenses in the state. he ran well (over 300yds) against the eventual state Champ Bishop Guilfoyle in the state semifinal. You have only seen some highlights films not down by down footage. I have been privileged to see it. Not only does he have brute strength and speed but he does have the “moves” and cutback ability. It just so happens that he does VERY well running NORTH/SOUTH and downhill as a talented and well coached running back. It was fortunate that he had dominating OL and full back as well. I dont want to take from the “team” effort.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

jmn
    I was able to watch some full S.Williamsport games on tape. A scout once told me when he was scouting Semptimfelter that he looked first to see if the player dominated at his level to gauge whether he might be able to move up to NFL. Dom certainly dominated. Guilfoyle a great example. A very good team that last year could have competed well at AAA.He was a one man O.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.