#22 Dom Bragalone RB

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football #22 Dom Bragalone RB

This topic contains 122 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Agree on D,noguaranteed spots. More than that schemes have to be rethought. Trust Andy that everything will be re evaluated. Coaches also must look at how they are teaching the players. If they couldn’t get their proper roles all last year, as Andy repeatedly stated, how the D coaches are communicating instructions may be more the issue rather than inability of players to learn their assignments. These guys are at LU. They are smaft enuf to learn. Coaches have to teach effectively first .

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Interesting list of small schools guys who made it big. However, when Bednarik played at Penn, Penn was big-time football. The scandal of the early ’50’s forced them into the Ivy League structure we know today.

Lehigh74
    Participant

True enough. They didn’t get a 60,000 seat stadium by being small time.

Buddy
    Participant

Rich, Heard Leigh will not be ready for Spring ball due to his shoulder surgery, this should make for an interesting Spring season to whom steps up and shines? Missing spring ball will be tough to come back from but heard Leigh is a tough kid. On Braglione lets wait and see, this is a whole new level compared to PA single A football where there really is no competition

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Gonna be close for Chris. Andy will not risk him or Shaf . We’ll see.

Miller
    Participant

No knock on any of the RBs of recent,but the 3 in this class are as good as we have had in a while and that includes Yosha. I hope Folmar and Sawyer really take advantage of young talent and give all a chance to play.

TMH
    Participant

I’ve been thinking about this for awhile now. If I guy happens to live in a small town with a small high school, exactly what would he need to do in order to get respect?
    Barkett had similar #s back in 2009 with 4,200 yards and that was impressive but he ran the a lot. He was not overly big at 5-10,205. He was also not lighting fast with a 4.7/40. I could see some skepticism.
    DB, by comparison, ran for 4,700 yds on almost 100 less carries. Would he need 5,000 yards, 400 ypg? Does he have legit speed? At the Penn State elite camp, he had the fastest time at 4.37/40? Is it legit? Well college coaches asked him to give up baseball and run track last year. He was district champion in both the 100 and 200. He made it to the semi-finals in states. So exactly how fast would he have to run to impress? Strong enough? See his #s in the link below.

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/south_williamsports_dominick_b.html

Interestingly, only 1 RB ran a faster 40 in the NFL combine last year and he was 5-7, 176#. Only 9 players had a better long jump.

This is not a prediction on what he will do at Lehigh. It’s simply a question on how much does one need to do when playing at a small school.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Not really sure what else FBS coaches were looking for but his accomplishments are good enough for me.

Miller
    Participant

THM, most agree with your assessment. Do not let a lesser voice sway reality. Ignore negativity and realize our glass that is half full is getting poured into.

toddcudd
    Participant

We can only speculate and hope, with both of these exciting new RBs. But my hope is that the conventional logic is the culprit here. P5 schools passing, because the other P5 schools were passing. With a little luck, we’ll reap the benefits of that logic.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

POTENTIAL what a scary word and a high bar for Dom. Hope we are all right about him. Then just wonder how long it will take him to adjust and pray he misses the onjuries that plagued Zach and Dan.

van
    van
    Participant

maybe air Lehigh gets set aside for ground Lehigh for a few seasons? worked for gators quite well

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

:) At the very least more option runs this year,hopefully with Shaf taking less of a beating. 3 good RBs and 3 healthy FBs bodes well together with a veteran OL and excellent WRs. O should be very good. Back to D????

van
    van
    Participant

look for the D to be improved next year (how could they be worse?) with Cavenas and maybe one of the recruits plugging the middle and a lot of experienced LBs and DBs, now if coaches can just get them in the right position

LehighGuy
    Participant

TMH are you really saying Dom is faster than all but one RB that went in the draft???? You do know the NFL combine uses LASERS for the 40 right? Penn State used hand times, BIG difference, like .25 i think. He doesnt even have that time on his Hudl page LOL. But i saw the article. What you would have to do is play against BETTER comp and do the same thing. If he did that on a bigger level he wouldve SIGNED with Penn State! Good gamble for LU though i guess.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.