#22 Dom Bragalone RB

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football #22 Dom Bragalone RB

This topic contains 122 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • Author

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

1. FBS offers, IMO, are a poor judge of college or NFL success. Appalachian State made an entire program out of getting and finding guys that FBS programs were not identifying and developing like Armanti Edwards. How many people thought Vernon Adams would be good enough at QB to start at Oregon next season? Eastern Washington was the only one to take a gamble on him, and it paid off immensely. Their two wins over Pac 12 schools cannot be measured in regards to the football prestige of the school.

2. Having said that, how to these guys fall through the cracks? One way is playing at small HSs – big schools can’t focus on every local HS in the country, so they tend to focus on the bigger football-factory types for the most part. The second is getting heads-up from local kids from schools where the large schools tend to not actively recruit very hard. Cam Richardson from NW Lehigh is a prototypical example. The third is injuries – sometimes a guy shines bright junior year, but then gets injured, or circumstances conspire to have a less than stellar senior year. The reasons are many.

Personally, I have no idea if Dom or Micco will be the next coming of Rabih Abdullah or not, but I’m excited to see them in brown and white to see what they are capable of. Incidentally, if you’ve been around Lehigh a while Abdullah is my first team Mountain Hawk All Half-Century team. I was in the stands watching him carve up Cornell for the Lehigh rushing record and he was a man among boys.

TMH
    Participant

For those who have doubted Dom’s speed, I just noticed that he ran 10.54 in the 100 M in a recent track meet. I suppose they are still hand timed but that would have put him in 3rd place in the recent Patriot League Championship.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Pretty impressive. I’m guessing that would translate into a very good 40 time :).

TMH
    Participant

I’m never sure how 1 100 M time transfers to the 40 yd.Some sprinters are notoriously slow starters with a big burst at the end. Some get off the line quickly. I suspect DB may be the latter.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Me . Human factor. Straight math tho,that time would come in around the various times we have seen. In any event,safe to say he is very fast.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

[quote=19781]Pretty impressive. I’m guessing that would translate into a very good 40 time :).

[/quote]

Not necessarily. Quickness and speed are not the same thing. Tis better to be quicker in the 40 than faster in the 100. Rarely, the opportunity for a straight line 90-100 yard dash in football. The first 10 yards out of the blocks or out of the stance are critical for an RB.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Looked at some of his video again. Not as quick as Brisker,particularly sideways but does get up to speed after 2-3 steps. Both have leg strength to spare.

Doc Qb
    Participant

Dom’s 100 time was faster than the kid from Whitehall, who is going to Penn State….

pafan11
    Participant

Look who is projected to start day one. I think someone mentioned that in this thread!

LehighGuy
    Participant

Only reason hes starting is because NANA is hurt. Brisker is better anyway and should be starting imo. Brags might be a healthier at this point. I hope he performs well. But he got the position by default, not because hes better. He wouldnt of started over Leigh or LU man crush…….Yosha.

TMH
    Participant

LG,
    Please stop. Yosha had enough injuries to terminate his career. That was truly unfortunate. During his shortened season however, he averaged 5.3/ypc, which is slightly more than our swiss cheese rush defense gave up and just slightly less than Rabih Abdullah averaged for his career. Had Yosha stayed healthy, my guess is that his career may have been quite prolific…..but we’ll never know that and you would never have admitted it.
    So tell me in advance. What does DB have to do in order to earn your respect? Think carefully because if he does it, I’m holding your feet to the fire :-)

pafan11
    Participant

Part of being a great running back is staying healthy! Injuries at times can’t be avoided but sometimes it is a matter of physically having a body that can take a pounding.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Dont be mad TMH, i know you LOVED Yosha…LOL. He was what i said he was. He did what i said he would. LOL he played in 7 games and avg 45yds a game…WOW! He was injury prone his whole life and LU took a HUGE risk on him and lost. The BIG Miami U transfer who was a WALK ON there…LOL. Hope he gets a good education at Indiana University (he will walk on there next yr). As for Bragalone, I hope he rushes for 1000 yds and 20tds! Brisker will unseat him, i actually think Bragalone is the THIRD best freshman back behind Brisker and Thevaya, Theveya is a talent, he will see the field this yr and shock everyone. I think hes LU homerun and energy back, all other backs are just power.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by  LehighGuy.
    van
    van
    Participant

would be nice for one of the RBs to rise to the top and be a clear #1, but if several of them are talented and share carries that can be a big plus for the season

I know a lot of folks long for “air Lehigh” of old, but with this big OL and a stable of power backs we might just take a page from Gate and pound them

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Nick T is the prototypical do everything back. Reminds me of Mark Weaver, The Bs are much better runners now. Dont know how they are as pass receivers.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.