8 Games and Counting

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football 8 Games and Counting

This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by RichH RichH 14 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

to the end of the Coen era a Lehigh. He is clearly the worst coach at Lehigh since I’ve been following the team which started with Dunlap.

He is totally overwhelmed. Too many men on the field in the CCSU game and a total brain cramp today when he went for it rather than kick a chipshot FG. How can the kids have any faith in him when everyone sees the stupidity at the top?

I don’t think that this team has a lot of talent. What talent they do have just doesn’t improve. Clark should have come into this year supremely confident after the Lafayette game. He looks just as bad at the beginning of this year as he did at the beginning of last year.

They have no playmakers at the key positions (RB, WR, QB, CB, LB). They have to rely on long sustained drives. This team can’t go on long drives without either the bonehead offensive coordinator or one of the players screwing up as evidenced by the stats from today’s game.

If Sterrett doesn’t fire Coen sometime in 2009, it shows that this problem runs much, much deeper than any of us know. Man this starting to feel like Lafayette in the late ’90s. Can anyone say Division III?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I recall that when Coen came in his goal was a National Championship. I think he forgot that you have to win more than 6 games in a year first. The 11th loss by less than a TD.

Historian
    Participant

I think this was a critical game for Coen. He could easily be 0-4 after next weekend and have very little chance of a winning season.

He unfortunately appears to be one of those coaches who is a very good assistant, but not a successful head coach. How ironic is it that of all the great assistants that Higgins had that went on to become head coaches, Lehigh ends up with the one that seems to be wanting.

I do not think the talent is that bad, especially in the Patriot League. I have been impressed by Lum. I think he has a better and more accurate arm than Clark and is more athletic. He plays with confidence, while Clark has been very tentative so far this year. It will interesting to see who starts against Harvard.

lu90
    Participant

Congrats on the best title for a thread this year!

I’m finding it hard to even watch the games at this point. Where can we get a hold of those people who were responsible for allegedly "running Lembo out of town"?

Any chance if we ask Elon nicely, they’ll let us take him back?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

It was frustrating with Pete at 8-3 every year. But this is embarassing and ridiculous. Thhere are no excuses for how this O has been run . Clark seemingly has no confidence any more. Hopefully Brown wont do that to Lum also. What the hell is the holy grail of smash mouth football? If we are going to lose every week at least lets do it in style 42-38. :mrgreen:

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

"RichH" wrote: It was frustrating with Pete at 8-3 every year. But this is embarassing and ridiculous. Thhere are no excuses for how this O has been run . Clark seemingly has no confidence any more. Hopefully Brown wont do that to Lum also. What the hell is the holy grail of smash mouth football? If we are going to lose every week at least lets do it in style 42-38. :mrgreen:

In other words, let’s play some Hank Small ball! :lol:

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Doubt Hank would come back from Coastal Carolina :roll: Talked to an eyewitness ,friend from Princeton. Lum much better.He thought Clark scatter armed and tentative. Wondered where our rb from 1st half went in the 2nd ( Campbell). I think our staff has ruined another qb.

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

"RichH" wrote: Doubt Hank would come back from Coastal Carolina :roll:

But maybe he’d come back from Charleston Southern? Too many schools in the Carolinas :D

Unfortunately, I was an eyewitness. The team definitely looked more excited and interested with Lum at QB. He seemed to display a stronger arm than Clark based on some of the throws.

No clue where Campbell went the 2nd half. Fitz has no speed at all.

As you said, if they start playing Lum, perhaps Brown and Coen will screw him up the same way they did Threatt and now Clark. We can all hope that the new staff will be able to undo the damage.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

:lol: Thanks for the pick up on Hank. Always get those southern schools confused.

Woulda, could shoulda, just spent some time looking at CCSU and Tigers, we s/b 2-1 right now. Damn, I already sound like a fan from the late 60s or 80s. 0-3 is what we are. Have no idea what to expect this weekend, but the nightmares are coming back :o

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.