American performance

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball American performance

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Bison137 Bison137 10 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

pafan11
    Participant

Embarrassing performance by American representing the PL yesterday. Expecting an upset was a little unrealistic but scoring 4 points in about 16 minutes is awful. Does not help PL moving forward and really shows how down the league was this year.

pafan11
    Participant

Also gives me some concern about LU moving forward. Finishing in the middle of the pack in a very weak league has to speak somewhat to LU’s talent level.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

Regarding American and the league, I thought the same thing today while driving between stops on my job. Match ups had a lot to do with them getting beat bad as Wisconsin has a tremendous defense and shoots from 3 as well as anyone. But American’s calling card all year was defense & a Princeton style offense. Bo’s not a vindictive type coach, so to lose by 40 says they didn’t show up, mentally or physically. And yes I also believe the league was down.

As for Lehigh, next year will reveal a lot. Lots of youth means lots of room for improvement. And lots of pressure on the coaching staff to bring this team along in every phase, particularly rebounding, defense, and communication.

toddcudd
    Participant

Watched most of this game, and I felt like American was competitive in the first half. But clearly, the wheels came off in the 2nd. Projections in advance were that AU would be worn down over the course of the game, and that was true. But the collapse was way worse than expected.
    On the downside, we all get to hear Patriot League high school basketball jokes for another off season. In general, I don’t feel bad about the state of the PL. Clearly, the top tier of talent from the PL graduated last year. But I think there were some good performances, surprise wins against major programs.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

Looking at the league overall, it was probably slightly weaker than 2013 – but it was definitely better as a whole than it was the four years before that. Just didn’t have a really strong team at the top.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.