Another winnable game lost

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Another winnable game lost

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  lu90 14 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Historian
    Participant

Lehigh looses another winnable game by a narrow margin. That, unfortunately, is normality during the Coen era. Even with Lum in the game, there was some suspect play calling. Before he came in the game, the offense game play seemed to be to bore Princeton to death.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

We hold them to under 200 yds and 6 1stD and lose. :o Clark self destructed. @ ints and 10pts for Tigers. What happened to the kid? D was superb. Princeton avoided TOs, we did not. It cannot all be Clark’s fault but team did respond to Lum. O even with Clark got yds but no scores. Is it OC again? Geez another long year. This year unlike last I thought we had a shot at competing for title :oops:
    Coen told kids they could go 9-2.Do you think they will believe him again?

analyst
    Participant

We try harder

LUEngineer
    Participant

This loss falls squarely on the coaches for not lifting Clark at halftime or at the latest after his first series where he missed receivers on 2 plays in a row.

Lum has mobility with a strong arm and seems to be able to locate alternate receivers. This was a no brainer as Clark was once again not moving the offense.

If Lum is not next week’s starter, I will walk immediately to the exit rather than watch another painful start from Clark.

The-Last-Engineer
    Participant

I think that the only Clark pass that went more than 10 yards down the field was that fair catch-worthy out pattern that he threw across the width of the field for the 2nd INT. Could Clark be hurt… maybe from one of the hits he took during the Nova game? In any case, fully agree with consensus about entire team looking livelier with Lum at the controls. Radically different playcalling with Lum in game as well and didn’t seem to just be due to time/score. Another sign of Clark injury or maybe did the duties of offensive coordinator get yanked with the QB change? Obviously, there are plenty of questions, concerns, and frustrations for one and all.

Friendly note to opposing defenses… when Colvin is in at QB, we run the ball. EVERY FREAKING TIME. Oh, wait a second… they already figured that one out judging by having all 11 players within 7 yards of the LOS on those plays. :shock:

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

In addition to the above, not going for the fg with 8+ minutes bothered me. Fourth down. We needed two scores, get the points. It would have been a 32 yarder with wind at his back. TE was almost non-existent today. You can also see that Lum looks at his 2d, 3d and 4th receivers. Clark rarely looks off the secondary. He locks in and the secondary reacts. The second interception he had a wide open receiver cutting toward the Lehigh sideline. Lum better start next week. He’s move mobile in the backfield and has a stronger arm.

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

"ngineer" wrote: In addition to the above, not going for the fg with 8+ minutes bothered me. Fourth down. We needed two scores, get the points. It would have been a 32 yarder with wind at his back.

”We had some momentum going there and that was my impetus for going for it there,” Coen said. ”In hindsight, we probably should have kicked a field goal.” :roll:

It’s enough to make you wanna scream! :evil:

lu90
    Participant

Friendly note to opposing defenses… when Colvin is in at QB, we run the ball. EVERY FREAKING TIME.

Unless of course he is lined up outside, then here comes the WR screen which could not have been any more evident.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.