Any idea of current status of AD and DC?

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Any idea of current status of AD and DC?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Bison137 Bison137 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

lehigh90
    Participant

Has anybody heard anything on the status of these 2 players? DC has been in uniform, AD not. Are both still injured? Is redshirting a possibility? Obviously, AD can’t go or he would be out there, and DC, you would assume, if healthy, would get minutes ahead of the 2 walk-ons. Will DC ever make a contribution to program? Can’t think he will be happy if healthy and sitting (transfer?).

With 2 players, scholarship seniors (AD and MM), leaving and 2 players signed, could AD even stay? I guess he could graduate, and stay on for redshirt 5th season, and take grad courses?

Will CB be back next season with academics fixed or will he be leaving opening up another potential scholarship? Do we have any offers still out to bigs?

Shocking how little we know about this program after following day to day.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

I almost had a heart attack because I thought you meant “athletic director” and “defensive coordinator”. I was in football mode, obviously.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

QUOTE: With 2 players, scholarship seniors (AD and MM), leaving and 2 players signed, could AD even stay? I guess he could graduate, and stay on for redshirt 5th season, and take grad courses?

Under NCAA rules, normally he could not stay – or at least stay with a scholarship. However there have been one or two occasions where a team successfully petitioned the NCAA for an exception, allowing them to give a 14th scholarship in this sort of situation. The trade-off was that they had to only have 12 on scholarship the following year.

toddcudd
    Participant

Thanks Bison! What effect does redshirt have on schollie count? Anything? And what is required for a medical redshirt?

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

In brief to get a medical hardship waiver, the player must have a medically documented season-ending injury and cannot have played more than 30%of the scheduled games. Also cannot have played any games in the second half. For PL purposes (but not NCAA), the player must document an acceptable academic reason for a 5th year.

All redshirt players count against the scholarship limit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.