At Navy 2018

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football At Navy 2018

This topic contains 44 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

A make believe slot for Botts to get him another years salary and I think to ease Sutyak into responsibilities of a DC. No doubt he was making a good bit more than an asst. Andy now has that money for a new asst coach and one with a proven track record.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

RichH:

I suppose so.

Guys: Please see Botts’ LU bio on the link showing he is the incumbent senior advisor.

http://lehighsports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=2022&path=football

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Dont read to much into bio still being up. It wouldnt be updated for a while regardless. It wont be taken down until retirement announced. Dont forget still a rumor but a fairly solid one.
    IIR coaches’ contracts run til June.

Anonymous

Hate to see Bot go!!! If it is on his terms than no harm done. Bot knows football. ATTITUDE!!! Will be the only thing that helps this team. 99 percent of college football players do not want to be playing extra games after the season is over…including Alabama and Georgia. Those kids want to be home with there families. Only the coaches,alumni and fans really care. You need that 1 percent of players who really want to be there and love the game. Build from them…Football is a me, me game. Nobody cares about the team. At FCS level most kids are only playing for the discounted education. At the FBS level most of these kids are playing to get to the NFL. My point is, Lehigh has to recruit more players that love the game. I want to hear Lehigh recruits say, I would love to play at the next level. Bring heart and passion back to the playing field. COACHES NEED TO OPEN EVERY POSITION IN SPRING AND MAKE IT A COMPETITION. I want the workers…Not the entitled. Place pressure on starters and watch how it snowballs. Next season is going to be ugly and could fall apart quickly. 0-3 is tough to overcome. 5-6 or 4-7 is realistic. I dont see any real leaders in next years class besides Bragalone. Get me gym-rats and kids who work on there own and dont look for excuses to skip workouts. Lehigh is lacking these kids…and coaches, dont be afraid to pull a kid when he fumbles, drops a pass or misses a tackle or block…it would be refreshing to see!!!Afterall, this is d-1 football.

Anonymous

Also, I’m a lil confused on posts on this forum. Wasn’t Sutyak in charge of the defense last year??? I think we ended in last in the FCS last year in defense. If he gets the job doesnt that sum up our problems??? Somebody please inform me…Am I missing something???

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

GO
    That is a Q we all have. Apparently Botts called the D for 1st half of last season. Sutyak thereafter.Suits put into a very unusual spot as DC with 2 prior DCs as his “assts”. Dont know the dynamics of staff. But, we do know we had worst D in FCS.
    To beat a dead horse yet again, we go nowhere without a better D.

van
    van
    Participant

how does anyone want to go to ND state when they have to play 13 or 14 games every year?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

[quote quote=33451]how does anyone want to go to ND state when they have to play 13 or 14 games every year?[/quote]

LMAO
    Priceless !!

LU808
    LU808
    Participant

Yeah ….and lug around all that Championship jewelry!

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Athletes want to be home with families?!!!???!!?

Sorry, GO, most football players (and athletes) I know who have half a brain love the game and want to play at the highest and most-demanding level possible.

That’s what they’ve trained their bodies and minds for, for years.

They want to be challenged athletically, and some academically.

To say they want their 11 games and out is RIDICULOUS!

If LU staff in any sport is recruiting athletes like this that’s a major problem.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

DEFENSE RULES!

Anyone who watched the FCS championship saw this.

Drive for show, putt for dough.

Defense wins championships.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

GO:

You said, “Football is a me, me game. Nobody cares about the team.”

Frankly, as someone who cares about the game, I find your comment either incredibly naive, sarcastic or you’re just trying to get a rise out of the rest of us.

Every player has a role on every play and if that role is not executed properly, chances are the play will fail. If LU recruits “me, me” players, it’s a serious problem.

Character counts. So does selflessness … in this game, as in life.

The ability of a player to learn his role and work selflessly together with his teammates often is more important than his athleticism. LU teams showed this for years before schollies.

Anonymous

smq…your kidding right???? Your giving the scenario that everybody thinks team sports are suppose too be…Selflessness???? really???? You have no clue of what makes these athletes tick. The kids that make it, work by themselves. They work hard when nobody is watching. They dont need a team cheering them on. GET REAL!!! Ask anyone of these kids when they are one year removed about playing extra games in the season and get the real answer. They have to say the politically correct answer while they are playing. Do you want to do extra work at your job that takes you away from your family and friends during the holidays for a trophy…Get Real!!!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

GO
    We can conclude that you never played a team sport or if you did you were a lousy teammate. Geez, you just have no clue.

van
    van
    Participant

still think he is a Pard troll

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.